Le Mans 2013

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MarriedBlonde

Car
C63 AMG Coupe/ML350 Cdi Sport/69 vw Bus
Anyone else going to Le Mans this year?

Any tuning firms wanting to sponsor my car by supplying an exhaust and/or a remap I will happily apply sponsors stickers to my car :)

I promise to show them off and get a lot of attention...

J.

Last edited:
First year in 4 I'm not going, just had 2 weeks in Dubai and we are moving in 2 weeks gutted is an understatement

I'm going, camping at a private house near the Porsche curves. Regular since the 80's.

Went last year and loved every second of it. Cannot make it this time as I'm just in the process of changing cars.

Tracking the 'stickered up for Le Mans' thread on Pistonheads ... its making very jealous.

Eurosport all this w/e ")

Have a great time all, definitely going next year. There are loads from PH going, so should be very enjoyable.

Enjoy and safe driving to all. Shame it is not on terrestrial tv.

One event I would like to attend but cannot convince the wife.

have told her she will wake up one day and I will be missing for a few days!!

Enjoy and safe driving to all. Shame it is not on terrestrial tv.

One event I would like to attend but cannot convince the wife.

have told her she will wake up one day and I will be missing for a few days!!

If you don't have Eurosport - then try this: Live Video

There is also Radio Le Mans - which gives great coverage ... just not looked for a link yet.

cheers Andy, much appreciated.

I was going to try wizzi gig or whatever! never tried that before either.

Any of you down Porsche Curves way on Friday, the Lycian Events campsite has open day - wander in and see how camping should be organised! Superb fenced campsite with 24 hour onsite security, superb toilet/shower facilities, beer and food marquee with good food and beer at reasonable prices, and only a minutes walk from the viewing banks at Porsche Curves. Follow the trackway in from the Beau Sejours entrance right round to Porsche Curves and you'll see it, or look at the Lycian Events website for directions.

I'm here in Le Mans, courtesy of Michelin who are looking after us rather handsomely :) Staying in the Novotel

Following this crash, the death of Allan Simonsen has been announced.

[YOUTUBE]KXErF1eRkOI[/YOUTUBE]

The driver was immediately attended on the scene by the doctors from the Automobile Club de l’Ouest’s Medical Service.

In a serious condition, Allan Simonsen was transferred immediately to the Circuit Medical Centre where he died soon after due to his injuries.

Allan Simonsen’s family has been informed immediately by David Richards, Principal of the Aston Martin Racing team.

Allan Simonsen, an experienced driver aged 34, had taken part in seven 24 Heures du Mans.

His team mates in the No.95 car were his fellow countrymen, Christoffer Nygaard and Kristian Poulsen.

The Automobile Club de l’Ouest wishes to express its great sadness following this incident, and extends its deepest condolences to the family and those close to Allan Simonsen.

The Automobile Club de l’Ouest will make no further statement while the exact reasons for the accident are still being wholly determined.

Last edited:
Yes very sad

Likewise with all the modern safety you sometimes forget that it's an inherently dangerous sport, and that people can still die.

We were close to tetre rouge but had no idea that it was so serious

another big crash for the Aston Martin Racing team

[YOUTUBE]93t56oFgk2s[/YOUTUBE]

I am genuinely shocked, the crash did not look that bad. But I agree, very sad.

If you see the tail end of the accident you can see it was a massive, massive shunt, the whole side of the car appeared to take the brunt of the accident.

I saw them bring the car back to the pits covered with a tarp and told my mate I thought the worst. Only had it confirmed late that evening. The only positive is he died doing what he loved. Doesn't make it any less of a tragedy.

I came home late last night after a very enjoyable weekend (barring a personal loss and the tragedy at the start of the race)

I have some pics and some video that I will post up in a separate thread of the trip.

Hope everyone made it home in one piece and without being tucked by the French b'stards stealing money for minor speeding offences.

I did get a major bollocking at the ferry terminal on the way home for twatting about but there was a guy with a video camera wanting some noise and then one of the French police asked me to give my car some beans and his mate took me to the side and told me off. As you can imagine my thoughts on the French police haven't improved form the last bollocking that resulted in a 750 euro on the spot cash fine for speeding...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom