Le Mans 2015

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CTR55

Car
SL55 AMG MY03. R35 Nissan GT-R Litchfield MY14
Any one else heading down to Le Mans this week ?

Yes!!

Heading down tomorrow after work, we are staying in Tete Rouge for the first time this year, cant wait!!

Loads of folk from my Porsche forums heading there, mainly staying at The Village on the Curves - we used that when we went 4 years ago, fantastic campsite and facilities, even better this year with trackside viewing (and bar!) on Porsche Curves. OK, it's right at the end of that campsite area, but that means no passing traffic/dust, plus its completely fenced and private security. Run by Lycian Events - worth a look!!

Yes Yes Yes....

Leaving on Wednesday. Mad panic as broke a caravan window, and the caravan is essential to our cold Beer strategy.

High on my list of "things associated with cars" to do list having been to Techno Classica this year.
A possible forum event or is that too big to organise I wonder?

Enjoy your journey down there, my seventeenth pilgrimage to the Sarthe area.
We'll be planted outside the bar at Beaumont Sur Sarthe ( just north on Le Mans on the D338) all day, so I'd you guys are passing through, you'll know where to stop !
On the Friday it's worth a strip out to St Saturin, where the French welcome the English, basically it's really well attended car show based in the grounds of a school, well organised and even better it's free.

Have a good one, and we might see you at Beaumont, :)

Opps !! Road number is the D338

Be warned Mike. Once you do it, it becomes an annual event...

Warning noted David :thumb: just organised the Mercedes - Benz Club stand at Bromley Pageant of Motoring so I have the technology, possibly:doh:

Be warned Mike. Once you do it, it becomes an annual event...

Just realised this is my 7th year too!
Will be the first year not going to St Saturnin as I pretty much know which cars will be there and fancy a bit of a change although the SL did get invited in last year...

Kiwi's first and second with 2 hours to go YAY, I always knew Jesus loved us...!!! :):)

Porsche 919's 1st and 2nd (and 5th) - fantastic result, the all conquering Audis well beaten.

Kiwis first and second!

With Ford making a return next year and with Scott Dixon's team boss rumoured to be running the team could there be a return of the 1966 result next year?

An eventful Le Mans as always. Mad Friday was truly mental - we found a broken down car just the other-side of the track and towed him into BJS where he was trying to arrive. Unfortunate timing as at midnight the crowd on the roundabout were truly lunatics.

A few of them jumped between the two cars and tried to set fire to the towrope. We had to despatch a couple of people to protect the space. Absolute idiots.

You get a better class of yob at the Classic LeMans. The above incident along with the water guns is one of the reasons I stopped going to the normal LeMans race. Did enjoy watching it in HD on Eurosport who covered the entire race.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom