Le mans 2016

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TrickyTrev

Anyone else going?

Taking the Range Rover, not the E55k though.

Staying at the Pistonheads campsite.

Hugely looking forward to it!

Also hugely looking forward to it....

This will be us. Some stickering this weekend... We are braving BSJ...

9239AAC8-0EFB-4A8D-B302-418513BAF191_zpsu3mktxky.jpg

Anyone headed over this year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Went across in 2009 and 2010, not been since but would like to. Maybe next year.

This was 2009:

Year 12, driving down on Thursday morning via the tunnel, in my brothers MX5 this year, my E Class is staying at home. Parking, stands and entrance all booked, hotel is a standing order each year.
Have a good time, the drive down is usually good if you avoid the motorways and the weather looks promising
:bannana::bannana::bannana::thumb:

There was a Range Rover Sport SVR at Silverstone today, all stickered up for Le Mans :cool:

I won't be going to Le Mans this year:eek:
I've done it 16 times, but always working and I've never had a wink of sleep on a Saturday night......and always been stickered up:D
Here is my 1990 visit.
Have a great time at the great race:cool:

Attachments

• Le Mans90.jpg
    Le Mans90.jpg
    253.3 KB · Views: 50
Mactech said:
I won't be going to Le Mans this year:eek: I've done it 16 times, but always working and I've never had a wink of sleep on a Saturday night......and always been stickered up:D Here is my 1990 visit. Have a great time at the great race:cool:
Are you Alistair McQueen?

Might well be....but they can never manage to spell my name correctly:eek:
Jaguar Le Mans winners Andy Wallace and John Neilsen helped me with a little road car project in 1991, and again a few months ago....

https://youtu.be/g3rP7MQ4l3g

Last edited:
Are you going?

Not me but spent a couple of happy hours on Sunday morning doing this to a poor unsuspecting Insignia for the family to enjoy themselves. They're camping on the outside of the Porker Curves so if you spot a large blue/white Saltire give them a wave.

Last edited:
Just watching this year's live coverage. Toyota are not having much luck again

I know its great going to the event, I've been several times more to the Classic than this one but I prefer to sit and watch it these days.

Bit of shame. I wouldn't be surprised if there are no LMP1/Hybrid cars next year.

No.1 Porsche had also just stopped when I switched on this morning. I must be bad luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom