Leak off seals

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

explorer121

Car
W204 C220 CDi estate Blue Efficiency
Good morning,
re : MB C220 Cdi 2009 Blue efficiency W204 vin WDD2042022F391183
currently have a slight weep from leak off pipes and Mercedes say they don't supply just the leak off seals only a complete new pipe at £100 plus.
Yet I look on eBay and part numberA0000780580 pops up at £14 for six seals !
Am I being fleeced here or have I missed the point ?
Any advice most welcome, thank you.

What are leak off pipes ? excuse my ignorance.
The leak off pipes link the injectors to a spill rail, which takes excess fuel back to the injection pump and then back to the tank. They are small braided hoses that can wear over time and can introduce air into the system. The fuel that runs through them is of a low pressure and it is not always noticeable when these or the seals perish, but they can introduce air when the engine is off. This can cause long cranking times when starting, attributed to the diesel draining back to the tank. On a cold start the fuel then has to be drawn up the pipes again to the engine.

They are small braided hoses that can wear over time and can introduce air into the system. The fuel that runs through them is of a low pressure and it is not always noticeable when these or the seals perish

Hi bud.
Sounds like it’s as likely to be perished hoses as seals from your description. Could be the reason why MB prefer to supply/replace the hoses and seals as a set? Rather than replacing just the seals, only to find its the perished hoses that’s the problem and have to do the whole job again anyway + new hoses.
Also, if it is the seals that are perished, the hoses probably won’t be far behind.

For a just a hundred quid, it’s gotta be worth replacing all for new to do the job once, correctly?

Edit: if it’s £100 per pipe (is it 4 needed for a set?), then I can definitely see that it is worth a punt on the seals!

Hi bud.
Sounds like it’s as likely to be perished hoses as seals from your description. Could be the reason why MB prefer to supply/replace the hoses and seals as a set? Rather than replacing just the seals, only to find its the perished hoses that’s the problem and have to do the whole job again anyway + new hoses.
Also, if it is the seals that are perished, the hoses probably won’t be far behind.

For a just a hundred quid, it’s gotta be worth replacing all for new to do the job once, correctly?

Edit: if it’s £100 per pipe (is it 4 needed for a set?), then I can definitely see that it is worth a punt on the seals!
Thanks, tend to agree as the set is for all four pipes and seals to main connection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom