Leak on CLK230 W208 does anyone know what this part is?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

unit504

Car
A **** heap
Hi all

i have a leak on my W208 1998 clk, it seems to be coming from the driver side front of the car just under the headlamp, ive attached a couple of pix
so you can see what i see, but does anyone have an idea or what is in that area to be leaking? my guess at the moment is, it is the washer pump? but this is a complete guess, and does anyone have a layout diagram of that area of the car too please?

thanks in advance all :)

P041008_1356.jpg

P041008_1357.jpg

P041008_135701.jpg

That looks like just the end cap covering the radiator support panel, and the water is probably coolant from the header tank area.
Is there any crystalline residue and have you tried smelling it.

Can't quite make out the part#

If you could have a look and let us know. Can easily be identified from EPC

It looks like 208 620 0031, which isn't listed, possibly only available with the radiator support.

front end leak

if its the radiator the system will need regular top ups. I had the same leak and it was one of the small diameter hoses feeding the head lamp washer, therefore needing the washer bottle topping up regularly.

David

Taste it thats what i have always done:) antifreeze is poisonous! but a tiny taste wont kill you (and to prove it i am nearly 40:( ) and if its sickly sweet its def anti freeze.

Ps when i say taste i mean a drip on the end of your finger not a cup full:)

Lynall

thanks all, i will go out and get the part number later today, as its raining right now :(

the washer bottle was empty the other day so it sounds like it could be a leak on that system possibly, is it recomended that i do not drive it till ive found the cause/leak?

i did also look in the top up for the rad, and the level was the same as always, nice and full.

the part number is : A208 620 00 31

does this shine any light on the problem area?
also the washer bottle is now only half full, from being completely full yesterday.

DSCF2253.jpg

See post #5.
I think you have now found the problem though, headlamp washer or pipe.

On the R129 (and I assume other M-Bs with headlamp washers) there's a small pressure-operated valve in the pipe from the reservoir. When that fails, water drips slowly out of the washer nozzle. Could that be it?

is there a diagram i can get of the problem area do i can see what im facing to repair?

See post #5.
I think you have now found the problem though, headlamp washer or pipe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom