Leak problem in SLK 2013 R172

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pundabuyer

Car
SLK 250 CDI (2013)
Hi all,

Wondering if anyone has experience and can help me with a leak I have. Since I’ve had the car the little ‘fin’ bit at the top of the A frame and passenger window has always filled with water. I don’t even see how it can fill up but does.

Then after some heavy rain last week it caused the roof liner to fill up with water and quite a bit gushed out the roof when I moved and was incessantly dripping for a few days when driven.

Now it’s all dried up I took it too the car wash and the only thing that show signs of ingress was that fin again. I have checked and the drainage hole is fine and drains ok it just makes no sense!

I’ve checked the top channel where I would expect water to come in and that drains fine too and can’t possibly let water into that fin and the window seems to shut fine.

The driver side fin didn’t even get one drip in it and never has

Help!

Andy

Attachments

• 5BBAADD8-15C6-4966-BBCB-FAE291C1B3E4.jpeg
    5BBAADD8-15C6-4966-BBCB-FAE291C1B3E4.jpeg
    439.3 KB · Views: 37
There are many drains on that roof . Do you treat your seals with Gummi phledge . If you look on SLK World.com there is a lot of info on roof leaks . Diagrams showing all drains and where and how to lube the roof seals and mechanisms . Hope this helps good luck.

Hi all,

Wondering if anyone has experience and can help me with a leak I have. Since I’ve had the car the little ‘fin’ bit at the top of the A frame and passenger window has always filled with water. I don’t even see how it can fill up but does.

Then after some heavy rain last week it caused the roof liner to fill up with water and quite a bit gushed out the roof when I moved and was incessantly dripping for a few days when driven.

Now it’s all dried up I took it too the car wash and the only thing that show signs of ingress was that fin again. I have checked and the drainage hole is fine and drains ok it just makes no sense!

I’ve checked the top channel where I would expect water to come in and that drains fine too and can’t possibly let water into that fin and the window seems to shut fine.

The driver side fin didn’t even get one drip in it and never has

Help!

Andy
Hello Andy. I have the exact same problem both sides. Did you get yours fixed? Cheers, Jim.

You might want to try the SLK forum in the USA where there are many enthusiasts that might be able to help with suggestions to your problem.

Same here. Must be the actual fixed roof seals, so without total dismantling, not sure how to fix. Mercedes dealer quoted £1200!!!. Any thoughts welcome.

Same here. Must be the actual fixed roof seals, so without total dismantling, not sure how to fix. Mercedes dealer quoted £1200!!!. Any thoughts welcome.
If all else fails, I'd be tempted to do a smoke test which quickly identifies gaps in seals at roof level.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom