Leak towards the rear of my W202

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

KillerHERTZ

Administrator
Staff member
Car
SL63 AMG
Just returned home in my car and I noticed a black stain on the driveway. I appear to have a leak coming from just infront of the rear wheel, around the area of the fuel tank.

The stain is black, but slightly clear aswell. Could it be the diff oil? it appears to be too runny to be oil though Any ideas guys?

The car drives fine, no noises etc

leak.gif

Last edited:
It looks to be a little far forward for it to be diff oil. That would usually be more of a translucent light brown colour I think. It will also be quite thick viscous stuff.

The location of your leak, if I have got my bearings right from your photo, looks to be more fuel tank related.

Are you sure it's not fuel? The black being all the gunge/underseal/etc the spirit has dissolved on the way down?

It looks to be a little far forward for it to be diff oil. That would usually be more of a translucent light brown colour I think. It will also be quite thick viscous stuff.

The location of your leak, if I have got my bearings right from your photo, looks to be more fuel tank related.

Are you sure it's not fuel? The black being all the gunge/underseal/etc the spirit has dissolved on the way down?

I thought that, but would fuel stay on the floor without evaporating?

That is a fuel leak from the senders. There is an aluminuim cap that has a seal on it. The seal perishes and then leaks.

I think the seal only comes with the senders but don't quote me!

Thanks!

So, is this a big job/expensive? I will take it to my indy tomorrow...

Just got it back, you were right! All fixed and only cost peanuts!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom