Leak!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SG94

Car
2020 C300DE AMG Line Premium Night Edition.
:-(
My 2015 W205 leaks when it rains. Water comes in from the bottom left of the windscreen.
There are no holes, chips or cracks in the glass, so the seal must have gone somehow.

Anyone else had this?
Will be taking it in the MB, but I don't want fobbing off. If this has now started getting all the way in, how long has the seal been knackered? And what water is sitting in any cavities behind the dash? And what damage has it/is it doing?
These are the questions I will need answering, and to do that they will need to take out the glass and look IMO.....

:-/

Check the scuttle drains are not blocked under the windscreen. There is usually one on each side and the passenger side is usually the one that gets blocked, as it is kerb side therefore 'under the trees' side. Easy test is to stick a garden hose on the scuttle. It should drain as fast you can fill it.

Good luck, I hope you get it sorted asap.

Problems like this can be a bit tricky to pin down.

Had something similar with a Ford Galaxy where one of the foot wells (passenger side I think) used to fill with water occasionally. Tried all sorts to find the source of the leak and never did actually nail it. Traded it in for a different people carrier and moved on.

We had the windscreen replaced in the missus' A class when it was 6 months old.

When they removed the old screen there was a big rust spot in one
of the corners that looked like it hadn't been painted.

It was't leaking but it would have only been a matter of time.

Blocked sunroof drain is another possibility .

The source of a leak isn't always where the water appears .

Will let you know.
Have been Woking away and not had time to take it in yet.
Will check the scuttles, but I'm a bit **** when I clean the car and really go to town, tooth brushes in air vent grills type ****.... LOL.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom