Leaking A Pillar

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GaminGuys

Car
Mercedes CL55, CLK320, BMW 316Ti, 318Ci
I recently bought a CLK 320 Convertible (A208 I think) and ran it through a car wash to find water leaked in from the side plastics just in front of the passenger door, pooling in the footwell. I then noticed with all the UK storms we've had, it was getting in from normal rain as well.

Does anyone know the spot that needs attention? The passenger door also needs a slight re-alignment as it doesn't close great. Would it be this or maybe a blocked drain? I've only just got hold of a couple of Mercs and I'm nowhere as familiar with them as my 3 series E46 BMW's

Appreciate the help. New to the forum so hi, these are my recent buys. (anyone also know how common the CL55 colour is? I can't say I've ever saw either colour before but maybe its just not paying attention)

0CFjlM6.jpg

TuyQBIb.jpg

0CFjlM6

TuyQBIb

Last edited:
Sorry can't answer the question but I'm liking those wheels on your CLK. My CLK convertible leaked a bit last weekend too so will be interested hear any responses to this question.

Well the whole car cost me £700, I thought it was a bargain. I hear the wheels are about 5 or so. Not without it's silly issues but I'm happy to tackle them one at a time. Already stuck a new set of rear discs on.

Last edited:
A208s suffer form leaks in the scuttle area where the plastic vents are at the base of the windscreen, right and left, you must ensure that the drain holes are cleared. If blocked the water backs up and floods in around the air intake and wets the cabin air filter ( Design issue) . Check for water in the cabin air filter under dash behind the glove box. Clearing the drain hols can be done with a coat hanger or by removing trim for a thorough clean. Cars parked under fir trees have this issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom