Leaking boot seal on 2008 350SL

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jagman42

Car
SL350
Am new to the site but have just bought the above. Have read that there was a problem with leaking on the metal roof but was assured by the dealer that this would not be a problem on this car and you would "smell " the damp if it was happening, and yes I know that you should never believe what you are told! Well sadly whilst parked on the drive at a slight angle it does leak. ( can only assume previous owner garaged it !)
I am sure this topic has been discussed on the forum but any helpful advice would be much appreciated as to solving the problem. The drain holes are clear and not blocked etc so it has to be the rubber seals . Is there a fix without having to replace all the seals etc.
Thanks in advance

Am new to the site but have just bought the above. Have read that there was a problem with leaking on the metal roof but was assured by the dealer that this would not be a problem on this car and you would "smell " the damp if it was happening, and yes I know that you should never believe what you are told! Well sadly whilst parked on the drive at a slight angle it does leak. ( can only assume previous owner garaged it !)
I am sure this topic has been discussed on the forum but any helpful advice would be much appreciated as to solving the problem. The drain holes are clear and not blocked etc so it has to be the rubber seals . Is there a fix without having to replace all the seals etc.
Thanks in advance

It is very unlikely the seals will need replacing unless they are severely out of shape or torn. Often new seals do not fix the problem. The complete fix will cost you about £10-£20 and it will be permanent if done correctly. Have a look here for a complete guide to doing this yourself:

Boot leaks 230 update. | Mercedes-Benz Owners' Forums

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom