Leaky boot

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Frank, welcome.

A little more info would help, e.g, what car are we talking about?

I have an s210 with a boot leak too. Water seems to be coming in from the top of the boot entrance on the passenger side, and then dripping onto the spare wheel cover and ending up in the footwell of the back reverse seats in the boot. I've cleared out the gunk in the rubber channels but theres still a problem. I'm wondering if its a join problem at the back of the roof rails or a small crack in the boot lining rubbers where the water is supposed to channel down in the gully. I'll get some sealant and try to line the rubbers. Not sure if this will work. Will report back. This rain is giving me plenty of chances to check!

Hi , my car is a sl350, on a 06 plate, it only leaks, every now and then. Not every time it rains. I took it to my local dealer, and they want to replace the back screen, and all the rubber seals, at a cost of £6000 plus, I just laughed at them, I thought they've we're joking . Also the roof creaks, I really like the car, but not enough , to pay out £6000.
Can you help. Thanks

It is most likely that the drain holes are blocked. As you open the boot, check the corners where the rear window meets the boot. There should be a hole on each side that may need a clean out. For the advice I'll only charge £5k j/k.

The chance is the water is coming through the rear tailights,if the boot rubber is ok

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom