Leaky headlight on 190E!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

zakh

Banned
Hi guys,

Hope your all having a good weekend... :)

I was just giving my car a once over today, opened up the bonnet...Just behind the passenger side headlight, underneath it...i found a pool of water...
Any ideas as to how this got here and what i can do about it?

Car is 1990 190E...

thanks in adavnce!

Zakh

Is the car inside or outside?
Has it been raining?
Do you have Aircon?
Have you lost any coolant?
Does the puddle smell of anything?
Is the puddle coolant or just water?

Hi Ian, Its definitely water...
The car has been outside...and its been raining, and it only happens when it rains...and the water literally just collects underneath the headlight assembly on the inside...
the water must be finding a way to collect there, but not sure how its getting there...

On another note whilst doing some work on my car a 4cm bolt slipped down the back part of the engine near the firewall...im a bit hesitant starting it in case its against any moving parts...Its not been a good day!

What should i do!?? HELP!

Just to add the car has AC and i have not driven it in a month...if that makes a difference???

There should be a rubber seal on the radiator side of the headlamp. What you have is rain water leaking though the seal. Its no problem. A 4 cms bolt?? wow some big bolts you have there lol. 4mm is what I think you are meaning. No probs when you start the car it will fall out.

Thanks Ian, i was just a bit concerned!!! 4mm i think is more like it, lol!
So there are no moving parts down that side of the engine bay??? i just dont want it grinding against something and messing something else up!!!

Do you have a picture of this seal? Hmm, thats strange because i cant seem to remember removing any seals!??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom