Lease Car Delivery Pit Falls.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ZokMb

Car
E class 2015
Hi guys.

Can people share their experiences of things to look out for when taking delivery of a leased MB from MB finance. Apart from the obvious check for scratches etc?

Does this seem like a good deal based on people experience?

E CLASS DIESEL SALOON E220 BlueTEC SE 4dr 7G-Tronic
£278.90 incl VAT rental per month
£2510.10 incl VAT initial rental
Personal lease
Contract term : 24 months
Rental profile : 9 + 23
Annual mileage : 10000
Production status : Current model
CO2 band : C (111-120 g/km)

I did detailed check of exterior and interior. Found very small scratches on bumper which were noted on documents. Otherwise it was very good and hassle free experience.

I did detailed check of exterior and interior. Found very small scratches on bumper which were noted on documents. Otherwise it was very good and hassle free experience.

Thanks for this. What would be an acceptable delivery mileage?

Does this seem like a good deal based on people experience?

E CLASS DIESEL SALOON E220 BlueTEC SE 4dr 7G-Tronic
£278.90 incl VAT rental per month
£2510.10 incl VAT initial rental
Personal lease
Contract term : 24 months
Rental profile : 9 + 23
Annual mileage : 10000
Production status : Current model
CO2 band : C (111-120 g/km)

Yup...under £300 a month is very good.

Thanks for this. What would be an acceptable delivery mileage?
Mine had 200 miles because it came on wheels from Leeds to London. I think it depends on the dealer how the car is delivered. You can ask about it.

My next car is coming from dealer 500 miles away so I hope they will send it on flatbed.

Mine had 200 miles because it came on wheels from Leeds to London. I think it depends on the dealer how the car is delivered. You can ask about it.

My next car is coming from dealer 500 miles away so I hope they will send it on flatbed.

Mine was 100 miles away, so I treated myself to a first class rail ticket, and picked it up from the dealers. 7 miles on the clock.

That was a Lexus leased direct from the dealer, my previous one was a C220 leased via a leasing company from MB Corporate, and it was delivered to my door on a curtain sided two-car transporter at no extra charge. 11 miles showing.

In both cases I was able to have a good look round the car -no pressure - before signing for it. On the Lexus I found some carpet protector polythene hadn't been removed properly.

It's important to check that all the 'bits' are there, such as Red Warning triangle, first aid kit, Becker Map Pilot, locking wheel nut key (!), etc, as these will be looked for at the end of the lease.

Just a note, I was offered an end of lease inspection to take place a week or so before the end of the lease, so that I would have time to rectify any faults at MY prices, rather than it being fully inspected by the collection driver, any any faults found then being charged for at THEIR prices. As it happened, none were found, I was complimented on the car's condition.

Malcolm

Last edited:
It averages out at £383.49 per month over 2 years if you include the 'initial rental', still may be a good deal for some.

These are figures for a a personal deal through a online broker and not a dealership as there rates are just plain stupid. Have you come across better rates in your experience then the ones quoted?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom