Lease car return recommendations

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
My Brother had a CLC, didnt touch it and they came back with a bill for £500.

He argued each claim and they never bothered coming back to him.... its not worth there time for wheel scrapes and parking dents. They throw them in an auction and let somebody else deal with it.

Of course big dents and scrapes/damage wont go down well lol

Brother in law had an huge number quoted on return of his well cared for Audi A6 Avant.

Pushed back, demanded photos of all the horrible things they claimed were wrong and receipts for each item of remedial work done.

Nothing came back apart from repeated requests for payment.

OK, says he, I will come along and you can show me the car and the "damage" then

Response: the car had gone out to auction & been sold soon after it was returned.

No work had been done. The "costs" turned out to be nothing more than fanciful and self serving estimates of how much the sale price would be depressed by the "damage"

He invited them to go forth and multiply. Which they did.

Good news! Hopefully in June 2015 I'll have the same experience! :D

So, what are you getting next? :)

I did consider another C350 but an estate - but have decided not to lease again. It's a great way of getting a nice new motor for a lot less a month than a PCP deal but I have ordered a new Audi A4 2.0T Quattro Avant this time. Fancied a change from MB, didn't want a BM so plumped for an Audi. Almost ordered an S4 but couldn't justify the extra cost. Can't wait..

No work had been done. The "costs" turned out to be nothing more than fanciful and self serving estimates of how much the sale price would be depressed by the "damage".

They don't have to do the work - it's a dilapidation charge, because they'll get less for the car at auction than if it was in perfect condition.

It's a right scam though - I only found out when I became a divisional manager that our finance department was paying these charges without question and in many cases they were completely trumped up. Same think happened to my brother when he returned his utterly spotless Golf to VW.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom