Lease coming to an end-options/planning

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pjs

Car
C250cdi Coupe, Audi S5 Cab
My c250cdi coupe goes back to merc in just over 12 weeks. I'm not too concerned about the handbook process because I've treated the car as my own and it is virtually like new. 2 years, 40k miles. So planning ahead...a couple of questions

Has anyone been offered a 'buy' option from Merc coming up to their return date?
Anyone been shafted on the 'return' process?

Cheers in advance for any replies

A 'buy' option if not listed on your agreement is unlikely to be forthcoming. Besides it's likely to be more expensive that another lease/PCP on a nice shiny new car.

The return process is simple and well documented, I suggest you familiarise yourself with it now so you are prepared for it.

pjs, I run a fleet of commercial MB vans, in my experience over the last 5 years they are very amenable to an offer below list value just to avoid keeping the vehicle as a depreciating asset in their compound

summary: chance your arm with a low offer - they can only turn it down!

I did enquire about a price to buy, and as you suggest, they were happy to offer one, although it was more towards retail than trade. Snag is you need to purchase via a 3rd party who is VAT reg to do the deal, i.e an accommodating dealer to 'facilitate'. I do have an ltd co that could do it also but not attractive enough I would have pursued had the price been trade but although i like the car, I don't love it, hence its defo going back. Whoever buys it will get a car that has been really looked after - i'll hide them a note in the car to let them know thye've bought a 'good un' !

Is your car on a personal or business contract hire?

I can't remember the details, but have heard before that there's a VAT reason why you can't buy the car directly, although my brother enquired about buying his PCH'd VW Golf and the price they came back with was more than similar cars on VW forecourts.

Personal - Operating Lease

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom