Lease Deals

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mudster

MB Enthusiast
Car
2008 A150 SE Classic, 2007 Saab 9-3 Sportwagon
Got the following email advert this afternoon....maybe of interest to someone.:-

How's this for early Christmas presents?
Mercedes at unbelievable prices!
And unlike other offers around at the moment, road fund licence is
included for the duration of the contract.

Mercedes C180K SE 4 door
Business Lease: £259.99 pcm + vat (3 years, £780 deposit)
Personal Lease: £299.99 pcm inc vat (£900 deposit)

Mercedes E220 Classic 4 door Auto
Business Lease: £289.99 pcm + vat (3 years, £870 deposit)
Personal Lease: £333.99 pcm inc vat (£1000 deposit)

Mercedes ML280 SE 5 door Auto
Business Lease: £399.99 pcm + vat (2 years, £1200 deposit)
Personal Lease: £459.99 pcm inc vat (£1380 deposit)

For these or any of our specials, call 01491 615500 or visit
http://www.ovl.co.uk/special_offers.asp
<http://www.ovl.co.uk/special_offers.asp>

Yours sincerely,
Neil Taylor

Oxford Vehicle Leasing Ltd

If you add the amount I'm paying per month for ServicePlus, plus the depreciation, then these deals are a no-brainer.

However what kills it is that adding the usual MB extras like leather, Comand, Phone prep, etc etc and the monthly cost increases tremendously.

Wonder what they'd do a Lexus GS300SE for? You don't have to think about options then.

Last edited:
Yes, they print headline rates for basic spec models with no options (which probably don't physically exist) to grab your attention. Add in a few 'essentials' and it's a different story - that's been my experience in the past.

This is where special editions come into their own....if they are offering a deal on outgoing models full of kit at fixed rates you get a deal.

You're right though, the options list murders the price, that's when you ask yourself is Comand really worth £50 a month.

Are 'essential' options like leather and command really needed when resale values are of no importance in lease vehicles?

When I looked at leasing a few years back

The thing to do it choose a model that comes standard with all the toys, a but harder with a Merc as lots of options.

I chose a Saab 9-3 Aero Hot convertible and added a couple of items (upgraded speakers) and some other little things. It was around £380 inc vat Private with 10K per yr.

List price for the car was £32K so your probably losing more if you buy it than lease it.

Are 'essential' options like leather and command really needed when resale values are of no importance in lease vehicles?

Of course you don't need them, but things like leather and Comand really "lift" the car.

One thing is that if you are leasing then (in my view) the badge and reputation doesn't matter so much - who cares if the car falls apart after 3yrs?

Ten years ago the company I worked for at the time offered basic Audi A4 or BMW 318i as company cars, or you could choose Peugeot 406 "Executive". To me there was no contest - the Peugeot literally had no options, everything reasonably imaginable at the time was standard. I still miss the elec memory seats!

When I looked at leasing a few years back

The thing to do it choose a model that comes standard with all the toys, a but harder with a Merc as lots of options.

I chose a Saab 9-3 Aero Hot convertible and added a couple of items (upgraded speakers) and some other little things. It was around £380 inc vat Private with 10K per yr.

List price for the car was £32K so your probably losing more if you buy it than lease it.

Yup, that's why ended up leasing two Saab's the business deals they offer are unbeatable.

My 9-3 1.9tdi (150)Vector SportWagon has every option, on a 3+35 month deal at 25K per annum it costs £319.00 p/m + vat.

I'd never normally go for Saabs, but the deals were so good it was a no brainer. As this is a daily hack and gets trashed by the dog and family it makes absolute sense.

As this is a daily hack and gets trashed by the dog and family it makes absolute sense.

Don't lease cars have to go back mint otherwise you get hit with rectification costs?

I think so ...

A mate of mine has just had his black leased X5 keyed outside his house , and having spoken to the lease company ( Skyfleet ) they say that they would want it back sorted , or he would be billed.

I think so ...

A mate of mine has just had his black leased X5 keyed outside his house , and having spoken to the lease company ( Skyfleet ) they say that they would want it back sorted , or he would be billed.

It's just like renting a car really, all that money wasted and nothing to show at the end of it...

It's just like renting a car really, all that money wasted and nothing to show at the end of it...

Yes, but..... you don't take the hit on depreciation and no worries about selling the vehicles. "Here's the keys and where is my new one?".

At the moment, certainly better to lease than own....

Yes, but..... you don't take the hit on depreciation and no worries about selling the vehicles. "Here's the keys and where is my new one?".

At the moment, certainly better to lease than own....

But in theory when you lease you are sponsoring the heavy initial depreciation.

Don't lease cars have to go back mint otherwise you get hit with rectification costs?

Absolutely, I fit seat covers and boot liners etc.....

It normally needs a good clean and that's enough.

My Saab was an end of line deal model, it's P11D value is £26,000.

I pay £319.00 per month + vat for a 3 + 35 deal on 25,000 miles a year.

I claim 50% of the vat back through my business so my monthly cost is actually £342.92.

Three years motoring in this car costs £13,030.96

Now find me a Saab 9-3 1.9Tdi (150) Vector Sportwagon at 3 years old with 75,000 miles on it. If it's less than £13,000 I've saved money leasing.

Here's one, with 63,000 miles on it for £7,450

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2005-55-Saab-...3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66:2|65:7|39:1|240:1318

Hmmmm.....Thanks, Ill take the "Nothing to show for it" option and save £6,000 thanks.

My Saab was an end of line deal model, it's P11D value is £26,000.

I pay £319.00 per month + vat for a 3 + 35 deal on 25,000 miles a year.

I claim 50% of the vat back through my business so my monthly cost is actually £342.92.

Three years motoring in this car costs £13,030.96

Now find me a Saab 9-3 1.9Tdi (150) Vector Sportwagon at 3 years old with 75,000 miles on it. If it's less than £13,000 I've saved money leasing.

Here's one, with 63,000 miles on it for £7,450

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2005-55-Saab-...3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66:2|65:7|39:1|240:1318

Hmmmm.....Thanks, Ill take the "Nothing to show for it" option and save £6,000 thanks.

But then you could have two 3 year old ones outright for the money you've paid out on the lease....

But then you could have two 3 year old ones outright for the money you've paid out on the lease....

I could have 10 morris minors, 26 plamsa tv's also for the same money.

What relevance is that point in a conversation about buying new or leasing new?

I want new cars, with manufacturers warranties. I want eh most cost effective way to to finance that car.

If you're careful, you can lease a car for less money than buying it outright and selling it on later....

Mine is a prime example of why General Motors are in so munch poo they are sudsidising my car, thanks very much.

I could have 10 morris minors, 26 plamsa tv's also for the same money.

What relevance is that point in a conversation about buying new or leasing new?

I want new cars, with manufacturers warranties. I want eh most cost effective way to to finance that car.

If you're careful, you can lease a car for less money than buying it outright and selling it on later....

Mine is a prime example of why General Motors are in so munch poo they are sudsidising my car, thanks very much.

But assuming you have a couple of these Saabs, after 3 years you're £26k down with absolutly nothing to show for it.

GM are in the poo because Americans all relied on cheap borrowed money to buy things, take away the cheap borrowed money and the economy nosedives.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom