Lease on C350e - thoughts on this deal?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rd07

Car
Alfa Romeo Giulietta Veloce
Hi, thinking of getting a C350e on a lease. I get a car allowance at work which I can take as cash or order a car through work and have the money taken out of my pre tax salary (i.e. salary sacrifice).

I can get the standard C350e with metallic paint, all tax, maintenance (inc tyres), insurance (anyone I authorise to drive it), on a 24 month lease (no up front deposit) for £400 a month (net cost to me factoring in BIK). How does this compare to what others have looked at?

Went to an MB dealer today and had a quote on a 36 month Contract Hire including maintenance and it was way more expensive and I'd have to get my insurance separately. Any comments/advice appreciated. Thanks

That sounds a great deal with £0 deposit.

The best I could find was this:

https://www.contracthireandleasing....sheep-leasing/mercedes-benz/c-class/73665484/

This one has premium plus pack which has so many goodies.

https://www.contracthireandleasing....e-and-leasing/mercedes-benz/c-class/61157117/

However with zero deposit, maintenance, met paint and insurance I think yours is best.

Ant.

Thanks for your reply. The first link you sent was the cheapest I found too. Going to think it over today/tomorrow and order early next week. Just need to decide on the colour now!

Last edited:
So is it a scheme that's subsidised by your employer?

So is it a scheme that's subsidised by your employer?

Not sure if it is subsidised but there is an contract between my employer a particular 3rd party leasing company for all company cars.

The actual cost per month from the lease company is just under £500 per month but as this comes out of my pre tax salary, once you work out the BIK figures, the net cost to me is a few pence over £400.

If my first link is the cheapest you've found how do you plan zero deposit? Or do you mean £400 pm over the term?

Re colour surely it's got to be Brilliant Blue???

If my first link is the cheapest you've found how do you plan zero deposit? Or do you mean £400 pm over the term?

Re colour surely it's got to be Brilliant Blue???

Sorry, I meant the link you provided was the cheapest option outside of the work scheme. I thought the deal through work sounded good so I think I will go with that rather than a private lease. Another benefit of the work scheme is unlimited mileage.

Up until 2 days ago I was set for Tenorite Grey as I thought it looked really good with the chrome trim, however, started looking at brilliant blue. Been to a few dealers but no one has a car in that colour so not seen it in the flesh. Dealer today was saying it is a great colour but looks better with bigger wheels, tinted windows etc but I don't think I'm going to stretch to that.

Don forget that BIK increases from April if it is a com car.

Thanks, yes it jumps to 7% so I've not used the 5% in any of my calculations. Assuming I get the car June/July (estimate I've been given), I've worked out the cost on 9 months at 7% for 16/17 tax year, 12 months at 9% of the 17/18 tax year and 3 months at 13% for the 18/19 tax year.

If I do the calculations, sum them and divide by 24, I'm looking at £410pm average monthly cost but that includes everything (no deposit, maintenance including tyres, insurance, unlimited mileage).

Do you know if adding the Premium Plus impacts the CO2 rating? I've downloaded the ebrochure but it only lists the standard model with a rating of 48 but it doesn't show the Premium/Premium Plus variants.

Last edited:
IF you can, go for PP pack. It'll give you so much more.

And BB paint is better in the flesh. And it only available for the 350e and AMG saloon so a little more unique than any other colour.

Ant.

IF you can, go for PP pack. It'll give you so much more.

And BB paint is better in the flesh. And it only available for the 350e and AMG saloon so a little more unique than any other colour.

Ant.

Went out today and managed to find a dealer with a Brilliant Blue model in the showroom and you are right, it looks great so that's the colour sorted. Thanks for your input.

According to the sales guy I spoke to today, the Premium Plus has not impact on CO2, it is only if you upgrade the wheels there is any impact. HI hd read on another thread that having the Premium Plus meant you had to have the upgraded wheels due to weight of the sunroof but haven't found anything else to back that up. Once I've checked that with the leasing company, ready to submit my order.

I have a member of staff taking delivery of a C350e Estate tomorrow. The bik is a steal.

The co2 goes above 50 if you get the estate with sunroof because then it needs 18" wheels due to the weight. Believe it to be ok in the saloon variant

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom