Leasing C350 CDI - any thoughts?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Sorry don't see the video link??? Now this has got me VERY worried! Any suggestions of what to do now?

Video is here: Mercedes-Benz UK - Existing finance customers - Vehicle Return Standards

You could go ahead, and be careful with the car, or get it professionally refurbed before return - there are firms who do this sort of stuff, or budget a grand or so for charges.

Or lease from another leasing company.

Or acquire the car in a different way.

Or buy something else.

Or take the bus.

Lots of options.

I leased two vehicles direct from Merc and returned both without any excess charge whatsoever. Both commercial vehicles. Both were tidied up before they went back.

Great thanks for the advice. I have asked the leasing company these questions, lets see what they say:

• Do you have to pay for small dents, scratches, scuffed bumpers, and kerbed wheels, in other words, excess wear and tear? How much will I be charged?
• Does leasing company inspect cars to the BVRLA Fair Wear & Tear Standard or do they have their own variation, and can you provide me a copy?
• Do you give the option of a pre-inspection which will tell me what I am likely to be charged for and so give me a chance to put it right?
• Does leasing company require you to have the car cleaned/valeted before it's returned?

Cheers

Last edited:
OK they have quoted the standard MB returns standards document - which I can post if anyone is interested. I don't have to clean it and they recommend an independent inspection before returning the vehicle. Sounds fair enough.

Where[if you dont mind me asking]did you get a quote like that from?
I can't find anything close.
www.contracthireandleasing.com

I have gone with a company called Vehicle Savers. C-Class C250CDi Sport Edition 125 7G Auto - 6+23 for £425 inc. VAT / month.

I did notice they have a new set of deals for cars delivered before the end of September, but I am guessing that these are old reg cars they are trying to shift. I have confirmed that mine will be a new reg.

I was given a quote of £357 including vat for a C250cdi sport auto estate, edition 125, today from a lease company advertising on there, which is pretty damed good I reckon.

No way you could buy one cash and loose less than that over 36 months and 36k miles I doubt.

I was given a quote of £357 including vat for a C250cdi sport auto estate, edition 125, today from a lease company advertising on there, which is pretty damed good I reckon.

No way you could buy one cash and loose less than that over 36 months and 36k miles I doubt.

That's cheap - is that 6+36?

You could go ahead, and be careful with the car, or get it professionally refurbed before return - there are firms who do this sort of stuff, or budget a grand or so for charges.

You can get a lot done for a grand! I gave back an Alfa Romeo Spider at Christmas and Alfa are also notoriously strict on returns. I spent a bit of money getting all 4 wheels refurbed (they were really bad before), two panels resprayed where someone had keyed it, two small dents taken out of the bonnet and 2 'used' tyres from ebay because they were getting very low and it only cost about £600 all in.

Get the C250CDi

It is the better all round car then the C350Cdi
Why, slightly rough 4 pot engine rather than a nice smooth V6.

I've just been reading CAR magazine who say the 350 is the pick of the range.

Whatever the spec, the 350 CDI is thumpingly quick, and actually the pick of the range – the four-pot diesels are a little harsh, while the petrol six doesn’t sound anywhere near as good as it did in the SLK we drove the next day, topping out with a disappointingly diesely crescendo. Factor in those BMW-beating economy figures – quite a feat these days – and the 350 CDI makes a very convincing case for itself.

There are some damn good rates around at the moment. I used Select Contracts - Vehicle Leasing & Contract Hire, based in Reading. These guys offer some cracking deals with MB.

I've just been reading CAR magazine who say the 350 is the pick of the range.

Whatever the spec, the 350 CDI is thumpingly quick, and actually the pick of the range – the four-pot diesels are a little harsh, while the petrol six doesn’t sound anywhere near as good as it did in the SLK we drove the next day, topping out with a disappointingly diesely crescendo. Factor in those BMW-beating economy figures – quite a feat these days – and the 350 CDI makes a very convincing case for itself.

The thing about the 350 though is the C class is too pricey.

Especially if you're consdiering leasing, the E350 Cdi come out about the same rate (and sometimes cheaper) I'd take the E every day over the C.

Especially if you're consdiering leasing, the E350 Cdi come out about the same rate (and sometimes cheaper) I'd take the E every day over the C.

The E and the C are very different in character though, there's not a big difference in performance or grip, but the handling on the C is definitely more upfront in encouraging a more enthusiastic driving style than the E, which is just as capable but excels so much in its ability to be smooth and relaxing.

Also the E won't fit in some peoples garages or on their short driveways (my 211 was garage door to kerb)

I'd take it on comfort and space alone.

Speed and handling are a secondary consideration, but we're all different.

Living in a terraced street in London then parking is a serious problem.

I can get 3 cars on my drive so that point is not a consideration for me.

Good point, an E250cdi edition 125 was only £10 more a month, but that was an SE. I would want a sport and for some reason they were not listed. However maybe I should ask?

Hi gr4z,

Sorry to bump this old thread but I see you are using Select Contracts for a lease, I am considering using them myself and just wonder how you have found them?

Many thanks!

Very good so far. I am 1 year into the lease now. Although all they really do is sort out the initial lease costs and delivery. Then its over to you for servicing etc. I guess they will be involved in the return of my 350 next September.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom