Leasing C350 CDI - any thoughts?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gr4z

Car
C350 CDI Sport Saloon 2011
Hi
Newbie here thinking of moving to MB for the first time from BMW, Audi and Subaru in the past. I am looking at leasing a C350 Sport Saloon as there are some great deals at the moment for this model. I have never had a MB before so was wondering what people thought of the new C350?

Must admit not impressed with my local dealer, I have been trying to get car quotes a test drive and some maintenance costs and getting nowhere. Not very good for the future. Can anyone suggest anything for securing a 24 month maintenance package? My lease company suggests I use my local dealer to get costs but as I said I am getting nowhere.

What is the car like in the snow? My previous BMW Coupe was completely hopeless which is a worry as being self employed I cannot afford not to be able to get around!

As for options I am looking at the panoramic sunroof but not much else. Anything else you guys recommend? Is the 7 speed auto box good?

Thanks for any advice received.
Cheers

Mercedes really don't help themselves, do they?

On the maint costs, you can get that from the MB website, as long as it's just standard servicing - Mercedes-Benz UK - Service Care - Rates

It will be useless in snow. Get another set of wheels with winter tyres if getting around is vital.

If you're leasing from MB then be aware they have a reputation for being very strict on the return standards. Details here: Mercedes-Benz UK - Existing finance customers - Vehicle Return Standards

7 speed box did gives issues for several years but is sorted now.

Great thanks Rory. It is a little worrying how little communication I have had from the local dealer. Especially as its the sales department!

I will be leasing from a leasing company and not using MB direct so I am not sure if the return standards will be as strict. Don't know for sure though. I will ask about about the rates but at £26pm for 2 years it doesn't seem too bad.

Any options I can't do without?

Thanks

Hi
Newbie here thinking of moving to MB for the first time from BMW, Audi and Subaru in the past. I am looking at leasing a C350 Sport Saloon as there are some great deals at the moment for this model. I have never had a MB before so was wondering what people thought of the new C350?

Must admit not impressed with my local dealer, I have been trying to get car quotes a test drive and some maintenance costs and getting nowhere. Not very good for the future. Can anyone suggest anything for securing a 24 month maintenance package? My lease company suggests I use my local dealer to get costs but as I said I am getting nowhere.

What is the car like in the snow? My previous BMW Coupe was completely hopeless which is a worry as being self employed I cannot afford not to be able to get around!

As for options I am looking at the panoramic sunroof but not much else. Anything else you guys recommend? Is the 7 speed auto box good?

Thanks for any advice received.
Cheers

I took the wife's W203 C320 cdi, which is the predecessor to the car you are looking at, out in the snow to "turn it around". Wanted to see how it was.

Got stuck in the middle of the road coming off the drive. Rather answered the question!

The snow was exceptional last winter though.

The options that I can't do without;
COMAND
Parking sensors (for the wife, not me of course)

The options that I like to have;
Heated memory seats and that's about it!

You could go on forever with the options list (harmon kardon sound, reverse camera etc) but I would strongly recommend the COMAND system, it's a lot more than *just sat nav*, it's the 'brain' of the cars entertainment.

I do like the COMAND system - a lot of leasing companies are providing it for a very small increase...will look into that :)

Reviews of the new engine are pretty good, not that it's changed a great deal over the previous C350. All positive from this list - C-Class C350 reviews

As for being impressed with your Mercedes dealer, seems to be a common complaint, two friends went into my local, interested in a car, left their number but never got called back, despite a promise too.

...and just think - that is that dealer trying to win your business.

Imagine the aftersales there.

I would be going elsewhere to find a good dealer, and although I am sure they are out there, good luck with that!

Got a great quote for a C350 CDI Sport Saloon with the following options:

Met Black
Panoramic sunroof
COMAND system
Heated seats
Black ash trim
Biege Leather

24 months at 10k miles per year.

For a steal. Only issue is my local $tealer doesn't seem to be very good :mad:. Disappointing as its only 2 miles down the road! So might have to go in there and 'have a word' with the manager.

Get the C250CDi

It is the better all round car then the C350Cdi

If you are intent on getting the Panoramic roof, I'd go down the lighter paintwork route so that it stands out more. Ive had two E-Class' with it and it looks a different car altogether in silver. You, for obvious reasons, will not notice it so much with black paintwork.

I've got a C350 CDI Sport Estate on order as I was also attracted by the lease deals available at the moment. It's an edition 125 so comes with Comand as standard. I spoke to my local dealer, test drove the C250 as that's all they had available, gave them details of the deals I could get elsewhere, they waited a few days and came back and said they would match it but despite me trying I wasn't able to close the deal or get it in writing. In the end I gave up and ordered it from an online lease company who I had used before. Although this gave me a very bad opinion of the dealer having owned previous Mercedes I know their after sales can in fact be very good so I wouldn't worry too much about that.

My gripe at the moment is that for a factory order with the options I want they are saying end November, and I ordered it a few weeks ago.

350 or 250 comes down to refinement, the 350 is quicker but much more thirsty in real world use. From insid it's hard to tell the 350 is a diesel.

Thanks guys for the opinions.

@ucr - I have gone for the 350 as its a V6 and comes with the Auto as standard. With the leasing deals at the moment the V6 3.0 is only £3 per month more on a lease - so why not!

@sweatpea - I would like met grey but the leasing company has found this car with met black already in stock with more options than I asked for for less money. It just makes sense I guess. Its on a 24 month deal so I can get another new one (or even go for a ML) in 2years! Oh and the GF factor comes in - she prefers black :)

@RichardM - I know where your coming from. I know they are busy at the moment with 61 plates but surely the sales department should come back to you - especially after chasing a couple of times!! Did you get maintenance with your lease or are you going for standard servicing? What options did you go for?

Thanks again chaps

Last edited:
@RichardM - I know where your coming from. I know they are busy at the moment with 61 plates but surely the sales department should come back to you - especially after chasing a couple of times!! Did you get maintenance with your lease or are you going for standard servicing? What options did you go for?

I went for an Edition 125 (so standard comand) in black with:
DAB digital radio module
Harman/Kardon logic 7 surround sound system
Dynamic handling pack
Black ash interior trim
Privacy glass

Two year deal similar to yours.

I didn't add maintanance. On previous 2 year deal's I've had it hasn't been worth it as the car often only needs one service and one set of tyres. Not worth paying up to £50/month for that.

Now C250cdi has 7g box I am not so sure. The thing for me that the old C250cdi had in its favour was 5g not that pile of **** 7g.
The problems with the 7 speed box are long gone. Haven't seen any complaints on any of the websites for ages and ages and lots of positive feedback. Read the reviews in car mags and they are all positive now.

MB dealers have much better customer ratings now than BMW or many other makes. My local dealers are excellent. See JD Power, the biggest survey, where MB dealers are rated highly by owners.

I went for an Edition 125 (so standard comand) in black with:
DAB digital radio module
Harman/Kardon logic 7 surround sound system
Dynamic handling pack
Black ash interior trim
Privacy glass

Two year deal similar to yours.

I didn't add maintanance. On previous 2 year deal's I've had it hasn't been worth it as the car often only needs one service and one set of tyres. Not worth paying up to £50/month for that.

Was that a business deal with no VAT or private. Can you give us a guide on price you paid?

By the way every year at this time people find dealers hard to pin down on fairly general inquiries. Why? The new letter on the registration. So they are all off their feet doing handovers, paperwork and taking in part exes. Any other month they have lots more time.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom