Leasing vs Purchasing.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I lease mine. Buy the wife's.

And get my wife to buy my secretary expensive perfume at Christmas. 💪🏾👍

I bought mine , no warranty , used to run smoothly when new but the years have taken their toll. Thinking of leasing a younger model, nothing too fast , haven't been out for a drive recently.

Depends on your philosophy. I have friends that absolutely must drive the current model of car so they change cars every 4 years. In their case, leasing makes sense.
Other friends like to drive cars until the wheels fall off. In their case, buying makes sense.

With leasing, you should expect costs at the end of the lease if there is any kind of road damage and it can get pretty expensive if you go over the miles. None of these bother me, as I usually buy luxury cars when they're fully depreciated. At salvage auctions :)

Depends on your philosophy. I have friends that absolutely must drive the current model of car so they change cars every 4 years. In their case, leasing makes sense.
Other friends like to drive cars until the wheels fall off. In their case, buying makes sense.

With leasing, you should expect costs at the end of the lease if there is any kind of road damage and it can get pretty expensive if you go over the miles. None of these bother me, as I usually buy luxury cars when they're fully depreciated. At salvage auctions :)

Did you even click on the link in the OP? 🤔

None of these bother me, as I usually buy luxury cars when they're fully depreciated. At salvage auctions :)
That is indeed the only way to do it. Anything else could be considered irrational imho. :thumb:

I think McCartney got off lightly with sub £50 million divorce settlement.

Last edited:
Based on the example linked, leasing makes a lot of sense unless you want exclusive anytime access (like that happens often...).

In Paul’s case - McCartney, not Ringway - my first thought was leasing would be the better option, but then I thought that there would have been many, many test drives - all driven hard - prior to the lease commencing, at which point I concluded leasing only really works when brand new.

In Paul’s case - McCartney, not Ringway - my first thought was leasing would be the better option, but then I thought that there would have been many, many test drives - all driven hard - prior to the lease commencing, at which point I concluded leasing only really works when brand new.
I have to be honest, not having exclusive access would be the deal breaker for me. I really don't want to be wearing someone else's shoes, let alone...

I have to be honest, not having exclusive access would be the deal breaker for me. I really don't want to be wearing someone else's shoes, let alone...
Good point there are 23 more hours per day, so that’s 42,000 slots available for other bookings in that 5 years period 😳

I've noticed Paul (Ringway) has been absent since posting this... maybe he is sorting out his leasing agreement :cool:

You are so rude!!!!! That wasn't a light euphemism. 😳😝👍

The problem with leasing is you lust after something you don't have. Like your neighbors wife. You want the shiny new thing you don't have....the unobtainable. You sign up for it, thrash and abuse it for a while. Then you realise that you don't want it..it's boring...you've leased an Audi...😂
but you've signed the contract, you've got to keep it. Only way to get rid off is to pay that handsome some. Good if you're fluid. Mere mortals have to stick with it or end loosing half your house and the dog.... I'll stick with the neighbors wife...let some other poor sod pay for it.... 😃🤭

I have to be honest, not having exclusive access would be the deal breaker for me. I really don't want to be wearing someone else's shoes, let alone stirring someone else’s porridge

🤭

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom