Least impressive selling point!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

isobars

Car
300SD'79, E300TD '95, 300TDT '82, 280CE '84, 250L '84, 300SEL LPG '91, 300D '80, 300CE '91, 300E '89
I’ve been car browsing since before AutoMart was invented and I dread to think of how many descriptions I’ve read in that time.

Many attributes are trumpeted - that’s what it’s all about, after all.

It’s mostly older Merc’s I buy and there’s many a mention of the original First Aid Kit, Warning Triangle, supplying Dealer Number Plate/Sticker, etc, etc, in attempt to turn the buyers head.

Earlier today I saw an Ebay listing with a selling point as the parcel shelf as being in excellent order, that’s a first, but for me it’s just pipped by this one:

Mercedes Benz 250 DIESEL automatic 1991, Mot and tax, white, retro wedding car ! | eBay

What’s the least interesting asset members have seen in a futile seduction ploy?

Cheers,

Paul

Wow, the ashtray light still works.....I'll get my cheque book! I think (Hope) that ad was tinged with sarcasm.

I've noticed there is a great deal of car ad tourrets out there in the UK.

Every model made by MB between 1980 and 1999 gets described as "The last properly built merc", and every single colour combination gets the described as the best there ever was, and the one to own.

I like the suitably vague "Full options" thats gets spouted even for basic spec models. it seems if the car has electric windows, the it has "Full options"

It would certainly be nice if sellers of 124s could include about how much water leaks in, and how much oil leaks out.

Oh, and 'before the Accountants took over', is often trundled out.

Electric Everything!

I thought the bloke was genuinely impressed with the light!

Cheers

I wish dealer used sites had an options field so you can quickly and accurately see what the car has on it - very annoying.

Family owned from new.

Registered keepers: 6

One lady owner!:eek:

Enthusiast maintained - bodged at home :crazy:.

No rust.......

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MBClub UK

More extras than a Hollywood movie

"Every optional extra" is a personal pet hate of mine when the car is simply just quite well specced.

Another is "Full main dealer stamped service history (except for the last two stamps)", so it's a mixture then?!

"Managing director's wife's car" always sticks in my mind

"Bought it two weeks ago for my wife, but she found it too powerful" ........ "fortunately I hadn't got around to sending the documents off the Swansea to change it into her name"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom