Leather care

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

renidroc

Just bought a W212 (2009) E350 CDI with beige leather interior.

The leather is in top notch condition but just wondering on whether I should use leather conditioners etc to keep it that way or is it best to leave it?

Many thanks

On a new interior just use a well branded product every six months & you'll be fine.

i have always used gliptone gt11 & gt12.its about 12 pounds posted from ebay.

I found that gliptone gives a permanent TCP like smell.

I only use a small amount of the gt12 as it can be overbearing to say the least but if used in small amounts I have found it to be ok.

Dr Leather products are highly regarded

Dr Leather products are highly regarded

I use Dr Leather on my CLS as the nappa leather is sealed, so pointless using a conditioner such as Gliptone which I used on my S203 which had naked nappa leather.

Hope you don't mind me jumping on your post but does anyone know if you need to treat artico the same way you would treat leather, ie with conditioning creams etc?

Hope you don't mind me jumping on your post but does anyone know if you need to treat artico the same way you would treat leather, ie with conditioning creams etc?

No, it's vinyl and just needs a wipe down with a damp cloth. Or you could use a proprietary vinyl cleaner from Halfords.

I use Autoglym leather cleaner and a Meguirs interior brush to keep leather looking new and matte, you can get 10 year old hard and shiny leather looking new and matte with that stuff.
When it goes hard and shiny it is sweat and dead skin that has formed a layer on the leather, so just needs a good scrub up.

I then tend to use the gliptone gel stuff once a year.

But much prefer the Autoglym cleaner over the Gliptone cleaner.

It's not worth treating any car seat leather, it's all pigmented and sealed with polyurethane, so doesn't absorb the goo you waste your money on.

A damp flannel is all you need.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom