leather care

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mooey

What's the best gear for seats. Mine are a bit crazed.

Auto Glym. Cleans, brightens and softens. Been using it for donkeys on my seats and bike leathers too.

Nice one. Thanks guys

Surprised someone hasn't been along singing the praises of Gliptone, their worshippers usually flood in when leather is mentioned.

Never used it myself but it always gets the biggest backing from users.

Told you, got in whilst I was typing my reply :D

+1 for Gliptone - used it before I had my seats professionally refurbished, so they were nice and soft when that job was done, and continue to use cleaner and conditioner - especially as the seats get more sun damage in a cabriolet than a coupe.

When I was having mine done, I had to wait a week or so for the pro to come to the house. He asked me to use the gliptone cleaner then give them a good dose of conditioner every other day until he arrived. OK, my car is a toy not an every day driver, so I was able to do this. It did the leather the world of good ahead of the full refurb, made his work easier and the end result better (this from the guy who refurbed them - he does loads of work for Porsche Tonbridge and a couple of high end repair/body shops so is really good).

I use Gliptone after it was recommended on here.

I have nothing to compare it to because I've never been ****d to look after leather seats before - but mine were in such good condition when I got them, I felt compelled to maintain them.

It's easily done and works well. The smell of the conditioner is rather good as well and lasts a while.

As a Brucie bonus, because I did them when I got the car, the smell of the stuff reminds me when I got the car.

I have used the stuff that came with my Natuzzi sofas ( oleossa ) and it works a treat!

Leather Cleaner

Hi
I have taken the advice of fellow members and bought Gliptone cleaner and conditioner complete with nailbrush and two microfiber cloths for £15.00.
Has worked very well and am impressed with the finish and smell and enhanced by a Gliptone leather airfreshner.

Zymol leather treat, leaves a nice new leather smell too

Have used this product for years, cleaner and colour restorer...works really well on my R129 and newer models.

Leather Cleaning

Which of (if any) of these recommendations leaves a matt finish? I'd love to give my seats a really good clean but don't want shiny slidey seats when I'm finished!
Many thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom