Leather colour on new car advice needed please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

E280wilson

Car
Bmw 435d
I'm getting the E350 AMG estate in Black later this year when the 9G gearbox comes out.
I'm having the leather interior but I'd like a light colour, my favourite being Porcelain.
What are peoples experiences of the light colours on Mercedes. I would be having Starguard on it. I don't have young children so that's not a worry.
Many thanks

I absolutely love light colours for leather interiors. Ours is Mushroom and it has aged very well. In fact, I think light colours age better than black, although that may be just my personal opinion.

Light colours are far more durable than you would think. Personally I would go for the beige option. I had a very similar colour leather interior in a Volvo V70 Estate and loved it. Neither the leather or the beige carpets showed the dust and grime anywhere near as much as the black interior I now have. In the time I had it, I only had need to wipe a couple of spots with a damp soapy cloth a couple of times. (My own fault for getting in with overalls on). To my mind it looked great, especially with the car being in a dark metallic blue. Best colour combination to my mind.

Nice choice of MB
Couple of pics with the beige interior.

Mine's Crystal Grey (I think) which is practically Ivory, so far no marks whatsoever on it but, as stated above, very durable. I also think it would look stunning on a black car and a nice contrast. Mine's Palladium Silver by the way.

Any bits of scuffs which it has acquired have been wiped with just a damp cloth and all is good again.

Trying to find a picture but I'm on my lappy and struggling.

Last edited:
My CLS has kashmir biege nappa leather, looks great and easy to keep clean, I treat with Gliptone liquid leather cream every 2 or 3 months and it gets more supple all the time.
This colour looks great on a black car.

Thanks for the feedback so far. The Merc salesman has warned me off porcelain as he said it's very hRd to keep clean, even after having Starguard. He said it marks if you sit on the seat with damp jeans if it's been raining. The beige looks nice and yes I'll have to look at the crystal grey. I've seen the swatches in the dealer but I'd rather look at it in the car.

Anyone who owns a E class Merc is tooo old to be wearing jeans!!
;)

Lol. This one's a C Coupe, not exactly what I want, but I'm getting used to it.

From a comfort and refinement point of view, the W210 E takes some beating, but is now retired as of this week. It'll be moving sideways in a couple of weeks time... Sob...:eek:

Watch this space...;)

Anyone who owns a E class Merc is tooo old to be wearing jeans!!
;)

Lol funny you should say that as I don't really like wearing them any more. Porcelain does look the best colour though.

This is the crystal grey. Only pic I could find sorry, I'll try to bang a better one up tomorrow if I get time/remember. :)

Interior.jpg

Wife has porcelain nappa in our A207. After 3 yrs & 37k miles, it has aged very well and still looks lovely

I have white leather and it is fine. Just keep some baby wipes in the car for spot cleaning and give it the full gliptone treatment every few months. Black is so boring!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom