Leather Interior 'kits'

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Yes I gave their Colchester depot a call.

A complete set for my W211 will cost me 495.00 plus VAT so have got a bt of saving up to do.

Anyone that managed to get a kit cheaper, all I can say is you lucky beggars!!!

Where did you get them, and did you fit them yourself, or get a professional to do it? If so, what did they charge?

Anyone know if we can still get hold of these kits, I am after a leather interior for a W203 c class sports coupe.

thanks

Will give them a call tomorrow. Then hopefully just find someone in London to fit them.

Celverdicky or Horses; can you kindly explain how to remove the rear back seat?

I'm having trouble removing out of my W203.

Celverdicky or Horses; can you kindly explain how to remove the rear back seat?

I'm having trouble removing out of my W203.

The seat base is easy, take off the four plastic covers on the front of the seat base (just below the back of your knees if you were sitting in the back) and then undo and remove the four screws. Next put your hand down the back of the seat base and pull it upwards and it will just lift out.

The seat back is a little harder but not much. Now the base is out you can see two torx bolts at each end and two bigger ones in the middle, plus another one that the middle seat belt is bolted to. Undo and remove all of these and next unclip the air hose that supplies the folding rear headrests. Now open the boot and on the face of the rear parcel shelf you will see two black plastic covers, remove these. Now you see two spring mechanisms, put a flat screwdriver inside and lever the two bars across, this releases the catch holding the rear seat back in place and then the whole seat back comes out.......:thumb:

Thanks a million :thumb:

I'll give it a try.

Another question;

I'm fitting the leather now on the base rear bench seat. I've noticed there are no slots/cuts at the front of the leather seat cover which are needed. Did you just slice through the leather with a knife?

Thanks a million :thumb:

I'll give it a try.

Another question;

I'm fitting the leather now on the base rear bench seat. I've noticed there are no slots/cuts at the front of the leather seat cover which are needed. Did you just slice through the leather with a knife?

No problem....:thumb: I just made a cut through the top of the white mesh just below the leather and it was perfect place.....Also, a tip for you...Remove the cord from the old seat cover that wraps around the cover under the base and then thread it into the new seat cover and use that because the cord supplied is different and you will never get it tight enough....:thumb:

Many thanks again :thumb:

I've read that you did that but I'm finding it very difficult to release the clamped metal hooks at the end :wallbash:

I'll keep trying...

Many thanks again :thumb:

I've read that you did that but I'm finding it very difficult to release the clamped metal hooks at the end :wallbash:

I'll keep trying...

Unhook them with grips or pliers and then use that on the new cover. It has to be that tight for the new cover to sit right otherwise it is all loose and looks crap!! See how tight it is now and difficult to remove, thats how it needs to be which is why the new cord is no good....

I've managed :bannana:

Noe to take out the rear back bench upright as you explained....

Shall keep you posted...

Rear back bench is out.....now I need to take out the armrest, centre plastic, centre headrest, headrest plastic holes.....FEEL FREE TO JUMP IN!

Rear back bench is out.....now I need to take out the armrest, centre plastic, centre headrest, headrest plastic holes.....FEEL FREE TO JUMP IN!

Armrest is easy, it unclips and then the black plastic housing behind it comes out with removal of couple torx bolts too......Centre headrest comes out, just pull it out with some strength!! Headrest guides are a pain in the ass.....There is a slot inside each one with a tab of plastic that needs to be bent inwards, this pushes in the clip on the outside and releases it to lift out. Its best to get a good torch and have a good look inside first to get a real picture of how it comes out. Then when trying you need to put the guide under constant pressure upwards while you are bending the tab inwards as it takes some pressure to release it....

horsesuitedfool, nearly finished the back bench upright thanks to you.

Some things don't add up; seat belt hole seems too small & it's stitched around it?? Also the bottom lip won't catch in place like the cloth seats & so keep popping out. Still have to cut the wholes for the headrests; didn't do them just to be sure they match up first.

Any suggestions on the above??

Had an unsuccessful attempt at the headrests; there must be a method to it??

horsesuitedfool, nearly finished the back bench upright thanks to you.

Some things don't add up; seat belt hole seems too small & it's stitched around it?? Also the bottom lip won't catch in place like the cloth seats & so keep popping out. Still have to cut the wholes for the headrests; didn't do them just to be sure they match up first.

Any suggestions on the above??

Had an unsuccessful attempt at the headrests; there must be a method to it??

Yes the seat belt hole is slightly too small, leave it till last and you can make small cuts to make it right before placing the plastic cover over it again....The bottom and top of the seats goes in just like the old cloth covers, you need to pull them really tight and fold them over to push them in, i used grips very carefully!! Do the headrest holes absolutely last as the marks are in the wrong place usually!! To get the guides out i would try this as there is a knack to it....Remove the metal back of the seat back from the foam part so it is completely dismantled and then you can just about see a couple of the guides from behind and can get your hand to them. Then you can push the tabs in from the outside and remove them, once you have one or two out you can then see exactly how they come out and the rest will be easier.....

I've taken out the guides....it's fitting the leather over the headrests that's a pain :crazy:

Took off the old upholstery but can't get the leather on....I think you mentioned a basketball in a condom :D

About folding the lip over at the bottom... every things in place, the top one fits & holds in place perfectly. It seems like the bottom lip is just too short & so doesn't have enough surface to stay in place, so keeps slipping out!

Most probably will end up drilling a couple of screws to keep it in place.

It is a mammoth of a task & I've only done the back seat so far :dk:

Hopefully should be tackling the front seats this morning.....wish me luck!

Will have to try the headrests later.....still don't know how...

Hopefully should be tackling the front seats this morning.....wish me luck!

Will have to try the headrests later.....still don't know how...

Haha yes it is a real pain and your hands will be swollen!! The best way i found was to turn the headrest covers inside out and then line the top up with the top of the foam and fold the headrest cover over the foam evenly and it goes on ok......

Hi horsesuitedfool, you're back :)

Well I managed to fit the seat back lip without screwing it in as we twisted the lip & squeezed it in place; not like the upper lip that just slided in.

I'll try the headrests now....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom