Leather Interior 'kits'

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
You have to take out the WIRE off your old seat cover, and slide it in to the little sleeve of the new seat cover - same place. Do this all the way round and even the centre sections where you want the 'pulled in' look.
The clips then go through the sponge and clip to the same wire. You will prob have to make a little cut in the sleeve where each clip goes. Watch you dont cut the leather .

Hi Cleverdicky,

I have alredy tackled the wire part, however if you see from my pictures below, there are clips actually stitched on to the existing cloth to pull it tight, and the second picture shows the clip/seal on the rear seat which pulls the cloth tight and actually holds it to the folding seat base on the coupe...

I take it I will have to destitch and re-attach these clips to the new leather, or is there some alternative as stitching looks like a real mission...

Thanks again for your assistance....

Back of front passenger seat (clips pictured)
DSC00101.jpg

Rear seat seal/clip
DSC00103.jpg

I just called that company and they were really helpful, they advised that they inherited a load of stock including Merc leathers from another branch which is only reason they selling cheap. He also said they have to be careful with fitting since the cost is very high to stealers etc so they dont like to fit themselves for end users but he did say he would do it for £300 and it would take 4 hours.....He also noted that my C Class W203 facelift with half leather is actually not leather but cheap plastic with plastic door inserts too, probably right as they dont feel like great leather!! Anyway, he then told me he has five Alpaca Grey leather interiors including ruffled door inserts, perforated centres etc etc and charged me only £100 including delivery!! Bargain of the century as stealer charges almost £2k for same thing!! I will prob pay them or some other trimmer to fit it though as i will only **** it up!! haha

I'm looking for a black leather kit for a W202, if anyone hears or a decent quality one.....

Guys, dont know who's got what car but the same firm / guy is selling another batch on ebay. Here's one link to the same set I got. There's plenty more, at least you'll have the details and chance to browse 'sellers other items'

Mercedes C Class (W203) saloon 04MY Leather Kit New on eBay (end time 13-Sep-09 21:00:00 BST)
current bid is just 30 quid ! :eek:

I called and bought a set for my saloon for £100 delivered but he said he has 4 sets in alpaca and one anthracite and thats just for mine, he has a few others for coupe and estates....

I've fitted mine now, though only the seats so far. Theres other paterns for doors etc, and a few 'odd bits' I dont no where they go. I must say, STUNNING and best quality I could have ever expected. Have absolutly no regrets buying them. I put avent gard covers and fit perfect. Though a word of warning.
I'm no seamstress and have never done upholstery but did re cover seats in an old ford 20yrs ago so had an idea what to expect.

Some tips for fitting.
Take each seat out to fit. MUST.
All plastic clips on to wires through sponge so be careful. Bugger to unclip. Use a screwdriver and gently tease each clip off.
Head rest guides VERY difficult to remove at first. Good torch. Look for spring clip inside hole and lever in, pull guide out.
Finish each seat and feel for holes for head rest guides. Then use a thin screwdriver to make sure ! Use instinct and judgment. DO NOT CUT HOLES WHERE MARKINGS ARE.
Dont rush, expect minimum a couple hours for each seat. (took me a week @ couple hours each day!)
Expect to make a mess and do indoors on old carpet somewhere quiet. Def' no kids or pets.
You will need tools like long nose pliers etc.
After doing one and see how its done you will develop a knack for clips, edging etc.
Look carefully how the originals are done.
Some bits seem impossible. Hardest for me was head rests and arm rest. Felt like trying to squeeze a basket ball inside a condom (least I was used to that !:) )
I personally have never been so exhausted in my life after doing these. My hands and arms still ache now, but I'd say still worth it.

Does your car now have that nice smell of new leather in it like a new S Class!!??

:DI just had my leather kit turn up and cant believe the quality of it, its amazing and i think the box it came in prob cost more than the £100 i paid :bannana:!! They are double stitched on seams, perforated and i just compared them up close to the best factory leather in the E55 and there is no difference in design or the leather. They are OEM in every way, they even come with other parts in leather such as door handle replacements!! Biggest bargain i ever bought.......:bannana: :D

Looks like a result then.
Mine look great and smell good too. (Wish I could drive the damn car)
I'm pleased with mine. Have a new phone + cam so will take some better pics at the weekend. Thing I had the worst trouble with was the fold down arm rest - back seat. What a nightmare. Those same plastic 'edge ' clips are impossible and cut your hands to bits. Got a mate doing it for me now. 117, those very same clips or plastic edging should all ready be on your new covers.
I also caused a fault in my srs because one of the little yellow connectors hadnt gone in properly, causing the light to come on.
And as for fitting whole set in 4 hours, 'phew'. They are good !

I'm trying to sort out a rear sam electrical fault at the moment so the remaining covers are on hold for a while.
Would be nice if every one can also post some pics of there new covers to show the world.
I will definitely be raising a glass to Mr DK Schweizer, in Colchester thats for sure.

All those in favour say aye....

Attachments

• AK000007.JPG
    AK000007.JPG
    163.5 KB · Views: 357
  • AK000009.jpg
    AK000009.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 351
Last edited:
Well definitely no plastic clips on my covers, gonna have to brave it and stitch old ones in same position myself... bit of a pain really....

Mate YOU CANT!
Thats tough plastic. You would need an industrial sewing machine.
If they are missing - send it back

Ok so i have now fitted my seat covers into my 2005 W203, and i can confirm that my hands are now swollen and i feel like i been 8 rounds with Mike Tyson.....!! The result is fantastic though, the covers are amazing quality, i had another C Class before with factory leather and it was nowhere near the quality of this kit so im very happy to say the least, especially as i got the kit for £100 delivered and fitted myself!! Only problem i encountered was the headrest guides can be awkward and the rear armrest and headrests are so difficult to get right and feel like they will never fit inside the covers!!

Problems i had though were two main ones, my folding rear headrests now dont fold when i push the button up front so i guess i have reconnected something wrong behind the rear seat?? Any help gratefully recieved!! And i found the heated seat elements in the front are sewn into the cover so i could not transfer them over so i now need to buy new heated seat pads and fit those another day! :wallbash: :wallbash: This is mentioned in another thread though......All in all very very happy and the best £100 i ever spent by far!!:bannana: :bannana: :bannana:

Lucky you !

When I enquired , they don't do kits for the W126 .

I'd see their biggest market as the owners of older cars with worn interiors , who still want to maintain their cars to a good standard - typically models like the W124 and W126 which have seen some wear and tear but still have many years left in them .

Lucky you !

When I enquired , they don't do kits for the W126 .

I'd see their biggest market as the owners of older cars with worn interiors , who still want to maintain their cars to a good standard - typically models like the W124 and W126 which have seen some wear and tear but still have many years left in them .

Yes good point, my friend has an 850CSI BMW and he asked about a kit but i very much doubt if they do one for that too....:(

Lets see some pictures then. :bannana:

Here's a couple more of mine I took at the weekend.
(also have same prob with headrests not dropping, but I've had issues with rear sam still ongoing and put it down to that)

Attachments

• PICcar (4).jpg
    PICcar (4).jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 373
  • PICcar (3).jpg
    PICcar (3).jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 369
  • PICcar (5).jpg
    PICcar (5).jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 374
Ok will get some pics taken and get them on here asap....!! I have some adjustments to make, the seat back is not tight enough at the top where seat belt for the middle is and the seat base needs to be tighter at the two ends....Think im going to give it to D Class to finish off the bits i cant get right and maybe to fit the ruffled door inserts and seat backs and pockets etc......Cheating i know but it will look better and i already done all the donkey work!! That rear armrest is the worst part!!

When putting the covers back on, an alternative to hog rings is to use small cable ties. I did this when fitting heated seat pads to a BMW 5 Series and it proved very effective and much easier on the hands!

Pre-Facelift W203

I phoned these guys today and purchased a Black Avantgarde kit for my 2001 200k. He ony has a few of the pre-facelift kits and these have never been listed on EBay so be quick if you need one.

A quick update on this........I removed my rear seat again and instead of using the cord that comes with the kit on the seat base i used the original one from the original seat cover and now the seat base is really tight and fits exactly as it should, the one in the kit was not tight enough.....Also i refitted the seat back last night and got it a lot tighter so now the whole rear seat looks perfect finally!! The front seats need to come out again so i can fit my carbon heated seat pads so while i am there i am going to fit larger support cushion foam on the outer edges of the seat bases and seat backs to make the seats more sporty, supportive and firmer on the edges. I will take before and after pics too!! I need to remove the door inserts and fit the new ruffled leather ones but i am not 100% on how i am going to fit them once i remove them as currently they have plastic nubs that are melted to fit them to the door trim......I think i will perhaps use short self tap screws and penny washers......Or maybe cable ties.....Lastly, the seat backs and map pockets have leather too but it looks quite complicated to fit those and to get them right, i called DK Schweiser and they said if i remove my seat backs and post them to DK with the new leather they will do them for me for £40 and post back........!! Sounds like good deal......

So is the guy selling on eBay selling on behalf of the factory? Or are these sets finding their way out of the back door and into the boot of his car:cool:

So say I'd like a leather interior for Mrs M's A class, can I just ring DK-Schweiser and buy it direct?

So is the guy selling on eBay selling on behalf of the factory? Or are these sets finding their way out of the back door and into the boot of his car:cool:

So say I'd like a leather interior for Mrs M's A class, can I just ring DK-Schweiser and buy it direct?

If they have one available then yes they will sell it to you direct, dont pay more than £100 delivered as thats what i paid....They say its because its their old stock so if they have an A Class leather kit lying around they will sell it i think.....They are very helpful and know the mercs inside out....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom