Leather interiors on BMW

• Thread starter Deleted member 149005
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 149005

Yes, I've been looking at the other side, at an M series car

And I've noticed that many BMWs, even only 2-3 years old, show wrinkled, saggy leather, even on the (lighty used) rear seats.
This also seems to afflict Mini.

Is this a known issue?

Compared to my previous CLS I am disappointed in the quality of the Dakota leather / seat build on my 4 series , even after just 9k in almost three years.

Seats are comfy enough but for the list price of the car it should be better.

Having said that , a chap in work with an X drive 335d with 50k plus miles has an unmarked / un-creased Dakota leather interior which maybe has something to do with the fact he is built like a racing snake and I am not. So the creasing , especially on the drivers seat base side bolsters, maybe proportional to **** size of the occupant.

You can just see the drivers seat creasing in this picture.

Merino leather is an upgrade but whether it is more robust I don't know.

K

Last edited:
The nappa leather in my 7 is bearing up well but only 14k miles.

My 5 has circa 45 on the clock and looks well still :)

Have a look at the driver’s side seat bolster nearest the door on any Audi and it’s like an elephants ar*e.

Mine was tip top after 70k miles, im a hefty lad, i do make an effort not to roll in and out over the bolster.

It’s not the wear on the bolster so much as a general sagginess, as if the leather is not tight enough on the seat back or squab.

My car is now 8 months old with 8.5k miles. I would say the leather is not as good as my old Porsche Macan GTS.

20191121_144138.jpg

20191121_144151.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom