Leather Repair on w205

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MarceloN

Car
C220 w205
Hi All - I have a c220 w205 with heated "leather" seats. However, the driver seat has a small spot (about 1.5cm x 1 cm) where the leather has "worn off". Q: Does anyone have any recommendations on how to fix this? The kits you see online and Halfords seem to do more harm than good as in this case, it's not that it's ripped. It's worn out.

Thanks in advance!

I'd find a local upholsterer. You'd get craftsmanship at a fair price

Look for a local "tannery", they will come close to matching the leather texture and colour.

Just replace the Panel. Most leather repair places can get the original mb artico and replace the whole panel for £120-150

If it’s artico the repairs never last in my experience. Check the price of a new cover from mercedes just in case. Some for the w204 are only about £100. Otherwise a new section stitched in by a coach trimmer is where I’d go.

I have a C Class 220 with "Leather" heated seats, and have had the same trouble. I took it to a local (to me) auto upholsterer, shown him the problem, he said he can put a new panel in to repair the seat I said want real leather so he said ok. I took the car in picked it up next day all done. Dead chuffed with the result, £70 I am in Sheffield btw.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom