Leather restoration - colour name identification

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MercC350Coupe2011

Car
Mercedes C350 coupe AMG sport 2dr 2011
Hello everyone.

I am thinking of restoring a little bit some faded leather parts in my car's interior. Does anyone know how this red colour is called or if there is a code for it?

My car is a Mercedes c350 coupe 2011.

thanks a lot in advance

Attachments

• Untitlednew.gif
    Untitlednew.gif
    1.9 MB · Views: 22
Last edited:
If you input the VIN in the site below it may well give the descriptive name but the actual trim colour code can only be obtained through EPC

The vin decoders only say red leather. Not much of a help really. Maybe if I contact my local Mercedes dealer might know?
If I run my VIN it gives the codes for the paint and upholstery ??

• Paint code 1:: 359U - TANZANITE BLUE METALLIC FINISH
  • Equipment: 108A - IMITATION LEATHER - GRAY

Hi
I used the online vin checker and as yours if came back with red leather and a code, use the official one it comes back with the code and the specific colour name in the case of mine Bengal Red.
Post up youre vin and i will check it for you and see if it gives a specific colour name.

The example of
Equipment: 108A - IMITATION LEATHER - GRAY
is really just the option code and descriptor, not the actual trim colour code required when ordering replacement trim parts.
The specific code is obtained from the trim part colour footnotes in EPC

Hi
I used the online vin checker and as yours if came back with red leather and a code, use the official one it comes back with the code and the specific colour name in the case of mine Bengal Red.
Post up youre vin and i will check it for you and see if it gives a specific colour name.
The VIN number is WDD2043572F731254 can you please check it out for me?

It would be nice to have a copy of the original one if you can give it to me. Maybe a few printscreens and save them in a file?

The example of
Equipment: 108A - IMITATION LEATHER - GRAY
is really just the option code and descriptor, not the actual trim colour code required when ordering replacement trim parts.
The specific code is obtained from the trim part colour footnotes in EPC
What is the EPC by the way? How can I obtain the info from EPC?

EPC is Mercedes official electronic parts catalogue
The easiest way to get EPC info is from a helpful dealer parts dept. I say helpful as some depts won't give out the data
One can also subscribe to the official online catalogue

Hello, I hope this helps.

I have decoded via EPC and attached the data card.

It looks like the paint code for your interior is 237A - Bengal Red, as previously suggested.

Also see below screenshot, which depicts the footnotes as previously mentioned. Same colour code, which seems to be called "Rendezvous" this time around, but hope it helps. :)

1602560694900.png

Attachments

• c350-datacard.pdf
    122.6 KB · Views: 6
The ES2 code is what uniquely identifies the trim colour.

Hello, I hope this helps.

I have decoded via EPC and attached the data card.

It looks like the paint code for your interior is 237A - Bengal Red, as previously suggested.

Also see below screenshot, which depicts the footnotes as previously mentioned. Same colour code, which seems to be called "Rendezvous" this time around, but hope it helps. :)

View attachment 103509
Thank you very much. I think that is the correct name. I found a similar aged car with a similar interior trim and the name is indeed Bengal Red.

I can not see on the printscreens where is the name Bengal Red. I can see that it is 237A red leather but it doesn't say explicitly Bengal Red. Did you see it somewhere else?

That's my interior below.

https://scontent-lht6-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=655db5e17ee3523a7ffd6b8e91cff25e&oe=5FAB149F

https://scontent-lhr8-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=21db418305436b300ad977dbd67e6d2d&oe=5FAB40BC

Thank you very much. I think that is the correct name. I found a similar aged car with a similar interior trim and the name is indeed Bengal Red.

I can not see on the printscreens where is the name Bengal Red. I can see that it is 237A red leather but it doesn't say explicitly Bengal Red. Did you see it somewhere else?

That's my interior below.

https://scontent-lht6-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=655db5e17ee3523a7ffd6b8e91cff25e&oe=5FAB149F

https://scontent-lhr8-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=21db418305436b300ad977dbd67e6d2d&oe=5FAB40BC
I goggled the paint code.

I would be more inclined to match the paint based on code versus name. After all, that's what the code is for.

For example, my SL is Jasper Blue, but sometimes referred to as Jaspis Blue.

Email colourlock, send them your Vin number & they will tell you the exact colour & can match it. They are very helpfull

Email colourlock, send them your Vin number & they will tell you the exact colour & can match it. They are very helpfull
This company told me that it is Mercedes Flamenco Red. I think I need to be sure before I do any move with the leather.

This company told me that it is Mercedes Flamenco Red. I think I need to be sure before I do any move with the leather.

Agreed. I suggest you call a main dealer and see what they call it. Could also get a sample piece of leather (any colour) from a furniture store and paint it the same colour and see how it turns out.

To make a fare comparison you would need to clean your car leather first to remove any grime that might darken it. Not saying your car is grimey though ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom