Leather seat codes for Liquid Leather

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

callahan

Car
C36 AMG & C200 cdi (w204) - both gone, now a C32
Morning

Can anyone tell me what colour my leather interior is? My dear Daughter thought I'd like pretty pictures all over her seat in pink biro, but she was wrong....

I put my vin into the Russian site and got this: 'leather gray / slate gray / alpaca gray / orion gray (208)'

I assume one of them refers to the seats, but which one?

Alternatively, how the hell do you get the headrests off??!

Thanks

Morning

Can anyone tell me what colour my leather interior is? My dear Daughter thought I'd like pretty pictures all over her seat in pink biro, but she was wrong....

I put my vin into the Russian site and got this: 'leather gray / slate gray / alpaca gray / orion gray (208)'

I assume one of them refers to the seats, but which one?

Alternatively, how the hell do you get the headrests off??!

Thanks

Would this not come off with some sort of cleaner / abrasive cleaner CAREFULLY applied?

if not then it sounds like you just need Orion Grey liquid leather. Are the seats the same as these:

leather.jpg

If so it is ORION GREY!

My dear Daughter thought I'd like pretty pictures all over her seat in pink biro, but she was wrong....

:eek:

Have you tried some leather cleaner such as Gliptone? Surely biro should come off?

I have tried Turtle Wax platinum leather cleaner, but my wife tried using wet wipes before she told me about it which probably just ground it in. The TW had no effect at all.

It's a weird ink, my daughter also got it all over her hands (and leg, bizarrely) and it took two days of scrubbing to get it off. Weapons-grade pink, I assume, as used by NASA.

Silver Saloon - that is indeed the same colour, thanks for the extremely good pic :)

I'd guess then that the slate grey is for the centre console and arm rest, alpaca grey is the carpets and orion grey is the seats. Makes sense really.

Thanks very much for the help.

(and mods, sorry for posting in the wrong forum :eek: )

This is a very long shot but we have found this product has got numerous marks etc off surfaces that tough cleaners could not!!

http://www.jmldirect.com/Magic-Eraser-PM4712/

Might be worth a try???

I've been looking for one of those for home for a while, two small children and wall paper do not mix....

The chap at liquid leather thinks it's too ingrained for removal now, in his words: "we have an Inkstick on our furniture page that could remove it but as you have tried something else that might have driven it further in, we do have a trade product call "Stripping Solvent" which removes top surface sealant, this will remove most of the Ink by taking off the sealant within which is the ink, you will then need to recolour the seat"

Sound scary, but they do have a very good reputation and the people on the Detailing World forums swear by them.

Cheers

The orion grey scuff master paint kit i got from liquid leather was a perfect match by the way, so recommended!

Have you tried Jif Cream Cleaner on it?

That sounds a bit abrasive?

it may be what is needed. Try it with care though! Maybe try it on a part of the leather that is not noticable 1st....

On my CLK i also noticed that the "grey" colour easily came off - SO BE CAREFUL!

it may be what is needed. Try it with care though! Maybe try it on a part of the leather that is not noticable 1st....

On my CLK i also noticed that the "grey" colour easily came off - SO BE CAREFUL!

Unfortunately the parts she wrote on are the back of the driver's seat, at the top, and the shoulder bolster of the rear seat, so both really noticeable areas....

She's not very popular in our house :mad:

Unfortunately the parts she wrote on are the back of the driver's seat, at the top, and the shoulder bolster of the rear seat, so both really noticeable areas....

She's not very popular in our house :mad:

but try the cleaner to see if it causes any damage on a non-noticable part before you tackle the real damaged part....

i've used it on leather sofas before and not had a problem, and i am sure it got biro out.

See what you mean now, I will try that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom