Leather seats and child seats...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jadefox

Car
GLA AMG 220 CDI
Me again,

I have twins who both sit on child seats - but I'm worried about my leather. Is there anything you can recommend that I can put under their chairs which will save the leather from marking? I think in time it's possible that their chairs might dent the leather - especially as they get older....
What do other people find with this?

Also, I know it's a silly question, but will the leather fade over time? If I have the leather covered with their chairs, I'm not going to end up with a patchy looking back seat in a few years time am I? :eek:

Me again,

I have twins who both sit on child seats - but I'm worried about my leather. Is there anything you can recommend that I can put under their chairs which will save the leather from marking? I think in time it's possible that their chairs might dent the leather - especially as they get older....
What do other people find with this?

Also, I know it's a silly question, but will the leather fade over time? If I have the leather covered with their chairs, I'm not going to end up with a patchy looking back seat in a few years time am I? :eek:

If I was using child seats on leather I would sit them on a square of plywood with the edges rounded off and covered in a soft material, as this will spread the load.

Leather does not fade, so no problems there

Halfords, Argos, etc offer special covers for protecting upholstry, seat backs, etc.

The most important thing is to fit the seat, and check to see if the design cuts into the leather.

We use these to protect the seats in the Vito (not leather, but they would still suffer over time): Halfords

Oh! Brilliant! Thanks for that link :rock: Mind you, blimmin expensive to have twins - I may just get rid of them and I wouldn't have to worry about the seats then! :p

I got a couple of these from eBay. One in each of our cars. Protects the seat perfectly and in non-slip too. Do a search on eBay.

Here's the same mat but this one's the full version to cover the whole seat as opposed to just the base.

sunny7.jpg

I've seen the covers as above however I bought a carpet square from Morrisons (99p) and seems to do just fine..

:)

We use a fleecy car rug thing bought for the dog from a motorway service station...

Ade

I bought this for my vito and the patrol which has leather interior and it does a great job at protecting the fabric

http://shop.babyworld.co.uk/DisplayDetail.aspx?prodid=706&secid=188

Only using the base section (with the maxi cosy easy bases)
at the moment but we have two maxicosy tobi's comming so the back sections will be fitted with them

popps

Here is our Monster who was 1 on Monday..

Her first trip out in the forward facing seat :)

DSCF6797.jpg

My two have very good taste too - one of them actually said, "we've got the poshest car in the whole road"
Bless!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom