Leather Steering Wheel Care

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

whitenemesis

MB Club Veteran
SUPPORTER
Car
Lexus RX450h F-Sport with Takumi Pack 2020
How should I care for my leather steering wheel? I am conscious that this is a difficult area as grip is paramount. But I feel I should do something to care for the leather.
My wheel feels slghtly sticky (good for grip) but with my sweaty paws on it 2hrs a day I don't like the feel.

Any suggestions?

Baby Wipes are pretty good at getting rid of the stickiness and if its good for a baby's skin then it should be ok for a leather steering wheel.

What do you use on your seats? I use Meguiars 2 part cleaner/conditioner which I find doesn't leave the seats shiny or to sticky!! Might be worth a try...

a damp clean microfibre cloth (turned often) is a safe and effective way of cleaning the steering wheel.

What do you use on your seats? I use Meguiars 2 part cleaner/conditioner which I find doesn't leave the seats shiny or to sticky!! Might be worth a try...

I use MB leather cream. Came as part of a kit with the StarShield cover

I turn the heated wheel on and use antibacterial wipes.

heated wheel on makes the leather dry quicker. :)

I turn the heated wheel on and use antibacterial wipes.

heated wheel on makes the leather dry quicker. :)

Don't you need to feed/condition the leather? Forced drying usually results in cracking (well in shoes anyway)

i also use baby wipes with a little bit of auto glym leather clearner.
(spray leather cleaner onto the wheel or leather area then wipe over with baby wipe to help with removal of yuck lol) and then with a spft cotton cloth
wipe over with auto glym leather cream - job done.

Baby Wipes are pretty good at getting rid of the stickiness and if its good for a baby's skin then it should be ok for a leather steering wheel.

Never use a harsh cleaner on the steering wheel. It WILL strip the paint of the leather :crazy:

Best bet is to listen to the advice above, baby wipes or a pro brand leather cleaner. Don't rub hard, just gently wipe.

or any of the leather as it will take off the top surface and go grey !!!
(you need to remember that the wheel mainly takes a beating off the sun most days and wear from your mitts!)

Never use a harsh cleaner on the steering wheel. It WILL strip the paint of the leather :crazy:

Best bet is to listen to the advice above, baby wipes or a pro brand leather cleaner. Don't rub hard, just gently wipe.

i use gliptone liquid leather 2 part cleaner and conditioner for my seats. and use it for the steering wheel too. very effective and the conditioner is really good. really leaves the leather looking and smelling like new. hard work, but shes worth it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom