Leather upholstery smell

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi
I used an Air Freshener spray from Poor Boys always found it excellent, sprayed it on the carpets and mats, though I always thought straight out of the bottle it smelt a little artificial but after an hour or two it was perfect.
Recommended

I am continually disappointed at the lack of any leather smell in my Mercedes car interior.

We have a long history of MBs in our family. My son recently went in his friend's Jaguar. Chalk and cheese he said. Sumptuous interior in comparison to all our MBs.

RayH

My Free sample of Connelly hide arrived today..lovely fresh leather smell... its in the SL on the headrest stem now.. on a elastic..will see if it improves the aroma.. will check in a day or two..!
20220806_104738_1.jpg20220806_104743.jpg

I got some hanging fresheners plus the pads from Gliptone to bring back the leather smell in the Citroen C6 I bought 6 months ago. I just put the pad under the driver's seat and didn't attach it as suggested in view of the electrics under there and have a hanging freshener on the rear view mirror. Took a week or so to really work but very happy with it now.

Have just put a hanging one in the CL.

The 2001 Jag XKR still smells lovely as soon as you open the door and doesn't need one. The '96 XJ6 is a mix of leather and suede and not far behind, a point made further up the page about the different quality leather in Jags.

O.M.G.

My car smells too much like leather.
My car does not smell like leather.
My car smells of the previous owner’s farts.

I’m getting some special foo foo juice to make it smell just right (I’m a Princess and it must be perfect):p.

Really!?

Is this what we worry about these days?

The interior of my car smells like............well I don’t really know! I don’t get in each trip and do a smell check.:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Works very well, both cleaning and adding that leather aroma.. :thumb:
dr-leather-wipes-40_1-756x698w.webp

Decided to try this one.. hopefully will make a difference!
Thank you to all the people who made constructive comments 😉

I was sceptical.. but it has worked! I cleaned all the seats in the E350 Coupe (which are Nappa Leather), plus the door panels, gear knob , gear gaiter..
The I did all the Leather bits in the SL55.. Seats, dash, door cards, gaiter etc.. Today I opened the E350 and it smelled lovely, like fresh leather... the same in the SL.. thank you for all the recommendations.. I ended up using 20 wipes in total.. 20 left for next time!
Very pleased with the result.
Easy to use.. wipe on.. wipe off with a dry cloth (wear gloves)
20220808_113135.jpg
recommended. :cool:

Did you use it on the steering wheel, and what was the result, cleaning wise.

I did use it on the steering wheel,
I was quite surprised that it left the wheel and seat for that matter.. a nice clean matt finish. both were a bit shiny.. so the effect was impressive!
Neither was particularly grubby.. it also removed a couple of blemishes on the front of the passenger seat, that were caused by either makeup or suntan lotion..

This was the marked seat..before.

20220808_103304_1.jpg

and after Dr Leather applied.
20220808_110206_1.jpg
same on drivers door.. (the long line is the reflection of the window edge.) before..lots of grubby marks 20220808_103312_1.jpg

After
20220808_110222_1.jpg

seats and wheel after.. ( remember this car is nearly 13 years old. )
20220808_110232_1.jpg20220808_110228_1.jpg

yes I know... I could have vacuumed too! :D

I was sceptical.. but it has worked! I cleaned all the seats in the E350 Coupe (which are Nappa Leather), plus ..................... I ended up using 20 wipes in total.. 20 left for next time!

recommended. :cool:
They will have dried out before you do it again. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom