Leather upholstery smell

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

John757

Car
E350CDi Coupe , Gwagen 280GE , SL55 AMG , Audi SQ5 Quattro
I am continually disappointed at the lack of any leather smell in my Mercedes car interior. Nappa leather in my E coupe, AMG leather in my SL.. neither have a luxurious smell,of leather.. other manufacturers get it just right.. Bentley, Aston, Jaguar....

Apart from sticking a lump,of connelly hide in the car, are their any air fresheners that give a genuine leather smell... Will treating the leather help?

John

Gliptone do a hanging air freshener. Never used it so I don't know if it's any good.

Loads do a leather smell, i've never bought one, i did buy Chemical guys stripper sent as read a load of good reviews, but don't smell of anything (thats a shame as it worked in my mind :D before i bought it ) i will stick with White cotton which is nice and fresh.

Furniture Clinic do a leather smell spray, could re use one of the hanging card types

Gliptone do a larger version that you fix under the front seat. Worked well for me but it is quite an old school type of scent so maybe not to everyone’s taste. Lasted quite a while too. Using a scented cleaner inside does a good job too as I have got bored with fixing the pads and I can’t stand the dangling ones.

I am continually disappointed at the lack of any leather smell in my Mercedes car interior. Nappa leather in my E coupe, AMG leather in my SL.. neither have a luxurious smell,of leather.. other manufacturers get it just right.. Bentley, Aston, Jaguar....

Apart from sticking a lump,of connelly hide in the car, are their any air fresheners that give a genuine leather smell... Will treating the leather help?

John
I've used Gliptone Liquid Leather hide treatment on many occasions though not recently. It has/had a great leather smell which stayed in the car for ages after application.

I've used Gliptone Liquid Leather hide treatment on many occasions though not recently. It has/had a great leather smell which stayed in the car for ages after application.
+1 , it does smell like proper old skool leather. I used to use it a lot together with their cleaner but then got confused whether it should be used on more modern/coated leathers. I since switched to colorlock which has no smell at all really. I might research Gliptone again as the scent was lovely. I did get a free air freshener once - it was ok but you can't beat the smell of the actual juice. You could i guess annoint a square of leather and tuck it under the seat?

You could try this , stick in on your top lip then the whole world will smell of leather.

K
does it come with matching lederhosen? 😀

Works very well, both cleaning and adding that leather aroma.. :thumb:
dr-leather-wipes-40_1-756x698w.webp

Another vote for Gliptone. Served me well in the S2000.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom