Leatherman Wave. Repair?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

trapperjohn

MB Enthusiast
Car
124 300D 24V Estate
:eek:Snapped the "saw blade" on my Leatherman Wave today (Bu**er)

Its well out of guarantee and was a gift from SWMBO. Any one ever have had one of these repaired and how did you go about it please.

Let me know how you get on TJ. I had an apprentice accidentally snap the tip off the knife blade of my wave a few years ago. I ground it smooth but it's always bugged me.

Welcome aboard jduk :thumb:

Off to the shop SWMBO bought it from today to see if they can help.

The "saw blade" broke through its weakest point I guess. Right through the "thumb hole" if you get my drift. I wont be letting it out of my sight over Christmas though.

I might be wrong but i think leatherman have a 25 year warranty. They would probably send you a new one.

Yep - they've got 25 years warranty. Sent a few in the past to their UK office and got brand new ones back. They replace it regaless - broken, damaged, etc. I've yet had a replacement refused.

Almost everyone where I work owns a Leatherman and people frequently send them off for repair - all done for free and they come back like new.

damn this club.. just spent £80..

My God whats tools has it got for that price,,,cordless drill? ;)

Mine was a humble £25. Enjoy, their a great bit of kit :thumb:

Last edited:
Yep - they've got 25 years warranty. Sent a few in the past to their UK office and got brand new ones back. They replace it regaless - broken, damaged, etc. I've yet had a replacement refused.
A friend of mine used a Leatherman Wave as a tent-peg in an emergency and the blade snapped. He told them the story and they said it's exactly what the leatherman tools were designed for so it shouldn't have broken.

Replaced FOC by Leatherman.

I always carry a leatherman of one sort or another.
Over the years I have destroyed a few by being a little more than silly with them.

All of them replaced/repaired without a single question.

Thats the reason why all my multitools are leatherman.

I have a 'wave' & a 'squirt'. Both fabulous tools. Recently snapped a blade on the squirt- returned it to Whitby & Co & they sent me a brand new squirt, at no charge & no quibbles!

When an engineer reaches the end of his first year, he gets a personal Leatherman which is his to keep even if he leaves the company.

Amazing tool, though strangely after almost 20 years of using it I am still very much in love with the very simple PST (and yes, the screwdriver does collapse and catch your finger if you are not careful!).

The guys obviously have all sorts of new fancy models...

Also, I used to practically live with mine, it was on my belt wherever I went, I even flew with it regularly as up to 9/11 it was permissible to board flights with a blade less than 3" long.

I will not replace it with any other make... ever.

Nor would I replace my trusty set of Maglites!

So I finally got round to sending mine away for repair on Monday of this week. Sent it "signed for" Royal Mail. Got a brand new one back today (Friday) Now that is service. Well done Leatherman:thumb::bannana:

They have "beefed" them up a bit too since I bought my origional Wave.

Repair address is.

Whitby & Co
Aynam Mills
Canal Head North
Kendal
Cumbria
LA9 7BY

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom