Leaving car unlocked?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

350cls

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
E55k AMG Sold / S211 E320 CDI I6 W212 E63 6.2 N/A saloon.
Just curious is it OK to leave the car unlocked with this heat I leave the windows open slightly. Obviously it's secure when I do this at my home but does it have a drain on the battery?

Or is it best to lock the vehicle and leave the widows open that tiny bit. It's only during the day I do this wouldn't chance it at night nowadays.

Just unsure if leaving the car unlocked will have a negative effect on the battery?

Thanks

Tom

If you lock the car and leave the windows open, make sure you disable the volumetric movement sensors ('dog-in-car' mode) before locking the car.

If you don't lock your car then you will face consequences with your insurance company.
Don't risk it.

If you lock the car and leave the windows open, make sure you disable the volumetric movement sensors ('dog-in-car' mode) before locking the car.

I'm not sure on how to disable the interior sensors?

Thanks

If you don't lock your car then you will face consequences with your insurance company.
Don't risk it.

Good point.

Thanks

Thinking something to do with the buttons on the roof lining?

They'll be a button somewhere on the dash or roof with a picture of a car with sound waves inside like this.

s-l300.jpg

That's not your button but the symbol should be the same. If you press that before locking you should be good to go.

It's great when you want to lock the car with the kids or dog inside when paying for petrol.

How can leaving the car unlocked with windows open a bit be bad for battery? If everything switched off what's happening?

They'll be a button somewhere on the dash or roof with a picture of a car with sound waves inside like this.

View attachment 77965

That's not your button but the symbol should be the same. If you press that before locking you should be good to go.

It's great when you want to lock the car with the kids or dog inside when paying for petrol.

Thanks for the info.

Will use that from now on.

How can leaving the car unlocked with windows open a bit be bad for battery? If everything switched off what's happening?

When locking doesn't it shut down and goes in like a sleep mode.

I was purely asking a question. What harm was it in asking. Pipe down fella!!

When locking doesn't it shut down and goes in like a sleep mode.
All except the alarm and it's sensors and the entry system waiting for an unlock signal.
Left unlocked the alarm is off but the entry system would still be waiting for a lock signal, plus the driver's door controller will be 'awake' waiting for the door to open and trigger the SBC pump.

I've always left my 211's unlocked in my garage to help save the batteries, so far so good. With my e320 estate i also used a Trickle charger to keep them in good health. At least that was my thought.

I think as long as there are no abnormal drains (faults) in the car there's 2/5ths of bugger-all difference between the two options.
I found the CLS55 hated being left standing for more than a few days, even with new batteries installed. Maintenance charger was the only answer...

Don't leave your windows open, your car will get full of dust and bugs.

I had a big house spider run out in front of me on the headlining recently because I left a window open, it was pretty freaking dangerous.

RigidKindlyBergerpicard-max-1mb.gif

Calm down, Calm down, don't get off yer bike! It was a genuine question on my part.

I don't own a bike or ride one for your information.
Cool as cucumber :D

That Peter’s a right nasty piece of work. Just Ban him. :)

Ban him he needs more than that!!
I know what I would do with him lol :dk:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom