Leaving the fold

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Yugguy

MB Enthusiast
Car
W204 C220CDI Elegance with Comand
Well after all the fun in the "owning your car" thread I have gone for a PCP. Went to Ford today.

With my Privilege discount I have obtained an amazing deal on this:
www.ford.co.uk/s/jv6u

Focus ST-Line X, 1.5 182bhp auto, with Convenience pack (reversing camera, active park assist) in Magnetic grey.

Drives very nicely, Ford have always done good handling cars.

Comes with good spec, heated electric front seats, dual climate, touchscreen nav, keyless go, traffic recognition bollocks etc.

Delivery in July.

Last edited:
Well after all the fun in the "owning your car" thread I have gone for a PCP. Went to Ford today.

With my Privilege discount I have obtained an amazing deal on this:
www.ford.co.uk/s/jv6u

Focus ST-Line X, 1.5 182bhp auto, with Convenience pack (reversing camera, active park assist) in Magnetic grey.

Drives very nicely, Ford have always done good handling cars.

Comes with good spec, heated electric front seats, dual climate, touchscreen nav, keyless go, traffic recognition bollocks etc.

Delivery in July.

Is the Keyless Co Fob the New Design that turns itself off if it isn't moved for a few seconds?

Friends and family discount, a nephew works at Aston.

It got me 1500 off list, free grey colour and free convenience pack so about 2700 in total.

Enjoy your (finance company's ;) ) new car...

I've not driven the current Focus, but have driven various models in the past including the ST with the Volvo 5-cylinder in it. Preferred the Mk5 VW Golf GTI, had so much fun in one of those. I always found that the Ford electronics got in the way when pressing on in a Focus ST (around Millbrook) and did try a few. Hopefully they're doing a better job these days.

But yeah, enjoy it's always a nice experience to have new car.

Aye, and I'll have some mb parts and an icarsoft mbii to sell once it's gone.

Enjoy your Focus. One of the better cars I have owned prevously.
Nothing wrong with a Ford and the Focus handles very well.

Fix Or Repair Daily?

I was about to say I'd never owned a Ford and then remembered that I've had a Grenada ( 80s) and a Sierra (90s) Both were reliable cars.

I had the Grenada in Johannesburg - was horribly underpowered as a 2.0L at 6000' above sea level and added to that, in SA they came fitted with a 100L (so ~100kg weight when full) fuel tank (this was in the days of fuel sanctions against the Nat government and you needed a second mortgage to fill the tank).

Sorry I have drifted off topic ----happens when you have lived a long time and experienced all sorts of nonsense.

Interestingly my Focus is made in Germany. Which is more than a lot of w205s are.

What makes a "German" car?

I've had a couple of new before but company, this is the first I've been able to choose exactly the spec I wanted.

Salesman kept offering me cars from stock that weren't what I wanted.

"No".

go on with the Ford. Value for money , it is unbeatable . sort of like the v8 holdens in Australia and the stangs and Camaros etc in the US. it is a lot of car for the money. was going to get the fiesta ST for the mrs but she said ... Ford? Ford ? I'd rather have a Honda jazz, so I had to bite the bullet on a smart for four brabus sport for her. got 3k off so I didnt feel I had been 100 percent shafted, maybe around 50 percent only ... For 5k more I could have got a base spec fiesta ST... these Fords are great value .

The focus RS was really highly rated too until all the engine issues surfaced but that , I believe , was the first AWD I saw in recent times with a drift mode. well before the c63s and the new M5.

when is the collection date ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom