led 501's?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dannyfiveforty

I tried to replace my 501 sidelights today with led ones. They would illuminate for a split second then flash once every other second.

Has anyone found a brand that works well in their car?

Thanks, Dan

Killerhertz on this forum sells tried and tested 501 led bulbs

Ive got this problem too. Front sidelights from ebay 1 of them does it, so emailed company & they gave me my money back, & number plate leds do it also, so thqt company are sending replacements, so if they still do it then ill ask for money back & contact killerhertz :) . Has he got an email address?? Incase my ones are still no good.

A word to the wise.
First, as you put each sidelight LED into the holder, turn the sidelights on. LED's only work "one way up", so Murphy's law says you put them in upside down first time! If the LED doesn't light, turn it over 180 degrees and try again.
Second, do not replace the holder (with the LED installed) until you are sure it is working. Damned things have sharp edges that catch when you pull the holder back out. LED drops out inside the headlight and drops out of sight - or if it's visible, it's impossible to retrieve (ask me how I know!!)

Just read the instructions that Killerhertz sends with the bulbs.....I was lucky, sidelights and number plate LEDs in right first time!

the flashing is usually caused by the canbus detecting bulb failure, if you fit LED's you have to get the CANBUS compatible ones with resistors intregrated

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom