LED bulbs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Neriutis

Car
R Class
Hello. I'm new here. Just bought a 2008 R class. I hate my standart sidelight bulbs and number plate bulbs. Already bought few expensive can bus sets,but they all blinking,when the engine is running. Can you guys help me,please.

Sent from my HUAWEI MT7-L09 using Tapatalk

Different car but I bought my rear LED's from Amazon, take notice of the reviews searching for things on there. Mine have the canbus thing or whatever it is built in. Been in a year now and no problems, the ones I had previous were from autobulbs which they discontinued as they were crap, mine failed in two months

My front sidelights I just went for a slight blue standard halogen replacement. Which upon my horror at first startup looked more blue then a police light! After a few minutes they turn ice white, look brilliant and match my Nightbreaker headlight bulbs perfectly

Nightbreakers you can also get on Amazon quite cheap sold by Osram on there

Your local maindealer parts counter will be able to supply a standard sidelight bulb, I've not LED, which appears whiter than than standard. There will still be a difference in colour compared to xenons, but it closes the gap, and look good without the hassle of failing LEDs.

I tried various LED bulbs in my C-Class a few years ago, and found that even the (supposed) best quality LED bulbs failed quickly, and so it's put me off even trying with our other cars. Perhaps the car didn't like them, or I was unlucky, but it's put me off!

Thanks guys. My headlights are xenon, I don't think any normal bulb comes close to that color. I seen some old posts on google from this forum,that there was a guy from Cambridge. He was selling leds to all members,but can't find him now :/

I have enough duff LEDS to light a superhighway in the darkest of nights. Even when carefully scanning the ebay adverts for "Mercedes - Error Free - No Blinking - Will Work - etc" They just don't. Rather interestingly, on the odd occasion where you find ones that do work? This appears just to be a tease, as they promptly stop working just as you start to congratulate yourself on your find. I am having the same with my BMW - where they work fine with the engine on! but blink when the engine is off. Or, they just don' work at all giving a "check park lights error"

I have resolved to give up before it becomes impossible for me to get in the garage past the expanding LED Mountain.

So I don't get it. Technology moves forward at speed of lightning,but all these bulb makers can't make a proper led bulb. Have any of you tried with resistors?

I fitted LED side bulbs and rear plate ones to both of my C55's as the standard ones were those awful yellow ones.

Got them off hids-direct and they were both plug and play, work fine.

Email the guy, he's very helpful.

So I don't get it. Technology moves forward at speed of lightning,but all these bulb makers can't make a proper led bulb. Have any of you tried with resistors?

The issue isnt with the LEDs, its the resistors that fail. at the end of the day your car wasnt designed to use LEDs.

The issue isnt with the LEDs, its the resistors that fail. at the end of the day your car wasnt designed to use LEDs.
I know that. Are you still selling those that work?

The problem is as much to do with the car as it is the LEDs. Because we are no longer trusted to check if our lights are working you can't substitute bulbs with LEDS and not have an error message unless they draw the same current as the original incandescent bulbs. The excess power is dissipated as heat through a parallel resistor and that in itself can cause problems. So called canbus error free leds are supposed to have this resistor correctly sized to enable error free operation. Some do and some don't.

Without the bulb failure monitoring system it would be a lot easier to achieve reliable LED operation but as it is I wouldn't even attempt it. The only reason why most people do so is to keep up with the latest fashion in white/blue lights.

I have a preface W204, same year as your R. No canbus error or flicker with the bulbs I use and I have just put them in the numberplate too.

Those Chris linked to literally melted above my HIDs.

I've tried so many types, they all either blink, burn out after weeks or months or physically melt into the tube they go down.

I think there's a big difference in heat between the HID and Halogen headlights. I'd be interested to know if anyone's found ones that'll work longterm in HIDs.

Thankfully I have halogens (Nightbreakers in the 968, standards in the 204 as the nightbreakers lasted 12 months and all 4 failed in the space of a week, leaving me changing bulbs in the dark at the roadside!).

Halfords Canbus LEds worked in my cousins SLK no errors! £15 for 2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom