Led doors handle lights

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

David7968

Car
C300 hybrid
Hi everyone I recently had my car in for recall for an engine software update, following this I have noticed that 3 of my door handle led light have stopped working and also my menu button on the dash has now also stopped working.

any ideas please

cheers

Coincidence

A common part to fail and fiddly therefore expensive, to replace...

Door handle lights !!! never had a problem finding the door handle. may have been useful when a key was used to lock a car.
Another expensive useless extra?

Posted this quite some time ago. If you search for the thread highlighted I have given an account nod how to fix the lights. The good news is the replacements fitted that are a redesigned construction to the ones originally fitted are standing the test of time.
Farmer boyActive Member
The fix is a faff but part is not expensive. You need two thorax screwdrivers and a simple plastic trim remover. Tools will cost you about £12 on EBay. LED from MB Newcastle on EBay is under £18 delivered.

For those who want to tackle the LED change I posted details in this thread a while ago:
GLC exterior handle LED light colour

Do they double as puddle lights ?

If it's software related, and linked to whatever the dealership did they should put it right, failing that i'd ask @richard or @Alfie at Comand Online (to be honest, i'd probably ask them first lol)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom