Led high performance or adaptive?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Muks

Car
GLC 250 Amg line
Hi there, this is my first post, so my apologies in advance for any rookie queries, posting etc. I'm placing an order for a new GLC AMG line, and am wondering if I should remain with the led high performance lights or upgrade to the adaptive lights. Does anyone know if the led high performance lights have a fog light function built in? Or do I need to upgrade to the adaptive for that?

If anyone has any experience they would be willing share with the led high performance version in foggy conditions, that would be really appreciated.
Thanks,
Muks

Welcome :thumb:.

On mine the LED lights (called intelligent lighting) have a fog light built into them - when you push the foglight button the beam pattern drops and spreads out.

Adaptive lights are a great feature - have a look at Youtube for videos about them.

Adaptive are amazing. Go with them - the "high beam" function puts "black boxes" around oncoming (or vehicles in front of you) so you get loads of light everywhere but it doesn't blind other drivers.

Richard

Another one here for adaptive.

Took me a while to figure them out (thanks John) but love them now, and watching the beam pattern do it's own thing still amuses me. :)

Adaptive specified on my W213 order, had intelligent on the W212. Is worth having if you drive a lot out of town at night but if you don't I wouldn't see it as an essential. Is very clever though.

Thanks for the responses guys, much appreciated. I've now cracked and am going for the adaptive lights as I drive on country roads a lot and in foggy conditions.

I've got the adaptive on my GLC, they are fantastic.

Can't say that for the rest of the car though, make certain your do your research regarding all the owners issues.

After my dodgy COMAND system (which I know is incredibly rare) in my GLC, I love my GLC. Its got the air suspension which makes it very very comfortable.

Yes, it clunks when you do low speed manouvers in the cold, and lots of owners are annoyed by that, but Mercedes say its not dangerous, and I don't really care about that !

I have a GLC250d, i'd have possibly bought the 350d if it had been available. I bought it for the balance of economy and performance (it replaced a ML63 which was not a balance and I decided was too physically big). GLC43 tempting. No doubt when the GLC63 comes I will get over-excited.

I'd have liked Nappa Leather and rear heated seats, but not available in UK. I added/retrofitted garage door opener mirror and the heat-recycling function to allow you to keep car warm with engine off (when sitting waiting for kids, or just leaving car for 30 mins)

Cheers

R

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom