LED indicators

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Howard

MB Club Veteran
Car
2018 C63 Wagon / CLK430 / A150 / VW Pink Floyd Golf Cabriolet
Hi gang,

I have a pair of these , they are the 18 LED type ( nice and bright ) and have the OFFSET pins .... ( make sure they will fit yours ) ..

Anyway , they trigger the bulb warning light on a w124 so no use there , but if anyone else wants them , they have been sitting in my fruit bowl for ages ...

If you want them ( free :) ) , just let me know and i'll send them up ....

Do make sure they will fit though , don't just have them for the sake of it , and possibly deprive someone who can actually use them ...

ledindicators.jpg

Gone !

Howard, Did you know that you just need to fit a resistor in line with these bulbs to cure the warning light problem.

This same issue occurs with loads of cars when you fit a low wattage bulbs like these. The bulbs are gone now, but this info may help the new owner of them.

Would they have fitted a W202?

Is that a difficult job ??

Not really, I was planning to do so for my front "city-lights" (5W bulbs normally). After some quick research, turns out the resistors need to be fairly large to be able to stand the load - it also means your resistors will be dissipating quite alot of heat...

Most such resistors are designed to be fitted with a heatsink or at least fitted to a metal panel to aid in heat dissipation.

I was too worried it would melt the sealing panel behind the bulbs or adversely effect the paint of the car - so I'm going to have to live with the bulb-broken light...

You could always whip the dash out and take the actual warning bulb out ?

I did think about this , but just couldn't be bothered ... that bulb warning light is very annoying at night on a long drive ;)

Fitting resistors is not that easy as they have to pass 5W as stated they need to be mounted correctly and they will get hot. they would need to be 7watt WW and prefably put in a metal box

Not really, I was planning to do so for my front "city-lights" (5W bulbs normally). After some quick research, turns out the resistors need to be fairly large to be able to stand the load - it also means your resistors will be dissipating quite alot of heat...

Most such resistors are designed to be fitted with a heatsink or at least fitted to a metal panel to aid in heat dissipation.

I was too worried it would melt the sealing panel behind the bulbs or adversely effect the paint of the car - so I'm going to have to live with the bulb-broken light...

yes - that's right. The resistors I've seen for this particular job are encased and are about the size of a matchbox.

You could always whip the dash out and take the actual warning bulb out ?

I did think about this , but just couldn't be bothered ... that bulb warning light is very annoying at night on a long drive ;)

surely that's going over the top...............

just shut your eyes and you wont see it.....................:crazy:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom