LED licence plate bulb

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hunty2198

Car
CLS63 AMG
Anyone know where I can find canbus friendly LED bulbs for my licence plate? I have a 2007 CLS 63. They need upgrading as the standard ones look really dull.

Not the same car, but I tried loads that didn't throw an error, or that lasted longer than three months

Eventually bought a pair from Amazon and they have been brilliant, no errors and still working perfectly

See the link, again I know it's a different model but that supplier/manufacturer may have some for yours ~

RunQiao 2pcs LED License Number Plate Lamp White Light Mercedes for Benz W204 W212 W216 No Error https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B014H63ADQ/?tag=amazon0e9db-21

ebay is so hit and miss, go Amazon, probably cheaper too

My car has the bullet style bulb not the clip replacement :-/

Like Ash, I've tried numerous LED and COB festoon replacement bulbs, and eventually the error would come up, whether or not they were listed as "CANbus error free" (CAN has nothing to do with the error, by the way).

Someone suggested a bit convoluted, but I suspect ultimately the best way to overcome this: wire a standard 10W festoon in parallel somewhere, and fit a nice bright, resistor-free LED one (that would be COB for me - much better than standard LED / SMD).

I have just fitted a new pair of 6xSMD festoons with resistors and radiators (aka "error free"), so when the computer eventually complains about a dead bulb, I shall try the above approach - there's plenty of space inside the tailgate, to safely hide two bulbs ...

I'm no electrician so I will ask around if someone knows how do do that...

I sold these for nearly 3 years.

Basically dont buy the cheap ones, buy the most expensive ones your willing to buy. Switch off the 'follow me home lighting' setting which causes them to fail. Also avoid slamming the bootlid.

Ensure ignition/lights are off when installing and you should have an issue. 95% of mine lasted users well over a year.

I sold these for nearly 3 years.

Ensure ignition/lights are off when installing and you should have an issue. 95% of mine lasted users well over a year.

Yes, yours were brilliant, but I left them in the old car, when I sold it ... Some actually lasted four years :thumb:

Switch off the 'follow me home lighting' setting which causes them to fail.

Ah, that might explain it - I do have this option, and it's quite a nice one too ...

If the new ones I just fitted fail/rejected, I'll definitely try the parallel bulb approach - don't want to lose the cute "follow me home" light :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom