Led number plate bulbs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

johny342

Car
Mercedes E Class w211 3.2 V6 / Skoda Octavia Tdi 2007
Hello! im after some Led number plate bulbs for a C class 2009 and some for a E class 2008 do these have to be canbus type? does anyone Know which bulb i will need? good quality. i take it they are different types on each car. many thanks.

I would say they do need to be canbus type as my 209 CLK gave a warning on the dash, i just replaced them with 36mm festoon type LED off ebay and are now working fine with a much brighter white light.. Most are the festoon type but you need to check either in the handbook or just pop a lens off to make sure yours are.

Thanks will take a look :thumb:

I got some on my 2001 c class, no problem at all.
Got the same ones for my 2009 ML and though they work fine light wise, I got errors saying bulb failed, even though they worked ok

I had (or have... ) some trouble with the number plate lights. I burnt like 2 set of led lights. I just replaced them and made some holes inside de support to try to cool down the temperature. Will see next time I hit the road by night on a long trip !

Someone also experienced thatkind of defect ?
(the resistors are burnt !)

I am looking to purchase 2 LED front sidelight bulbs to replace my existing 501 bulbs any ideas where to buy these from?..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom