LED Parking/side lights problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Theador

Car
C63 BiTurbo Estate W205
Hi all. I put some LED lights into the parking/sidelights. I got 3 working, but cannot get the left most nearside one to work. Every now and then if I wiggle it about, or switch off/on ignition I can get it to work, but the slightest movement and its off again. I've tried swapping the bulbs around to make sure it's not a duff bulb, the original bulb still works, so it's not the wiring; is there a knack to this? Attached an image of the type I'm using.

Attachments

• 5_smd_led_canbus_sidelight_bulbs__32783.1418231252.900.900.jpg
    5_smd_led_canbus_sidelight_bulbs__32783.1418231252.900.900.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 4
You're like me and don't like Lego LED bulbs , lol .

Those Philips have long been of superior quality having ceramic bodies with a light diffuser .

Hi all. I put some LED lights into the parking/sidelights. I got 3 working, but cannot get the left most nearside one to work. Every now and then if I wiggle it about, or switch off/on ignition I can get it to work, but the slightest movement and its off again. I've tried swapping the bulbs around to make sure it's not a duff bulb, the original bulb still works, so it's not the wiring; is there a knack to this? Attached an image of the type I'm using.
I had a C280 and had the same problem, I cured it by getting longer LED bulbs as the wire come loose on the end one and the connection is intermittent

The terminals had splayed out a bit inside the housing; pushed them together and now it’s working :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom