LED Rear brake light unit for w202 rear boot spoiler

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

marksmerc

Car
C230 Kompressor Sport
HI everybody,
The LED brake light unit on my rear boot spoiler w202 1996 c230 K was no longer working and after looking around for one, i nearly had a heart attack after seeing the prices. ( as much as £84.00 uk, or $ 49.00 + large shipping cost from USA )
But I think i have found one on ebay for only!! Waite for it
banana.gif
£ 11.45 including P+P
I have measured mine & the dimensions are exactly the same, all is required is to change the connections on the wiring.

Should have mine in the week or so watch this space for the update on the fitting of it.

Details of the unit are below

1 UNIT
ORIGINAL HELLA HIGH MOUNTED STOP LAMP - CODE 146-334
350mm LONG X 15mm WIDE X 30mm DEEP
FRONT FIXING POINTS @ 333mm HOLE CENTRES
12VOLT SUPPLY
2.3WATT CONSUMPTION
7 BULB ILLUMINATION - REAR ACCESS TO BULBS
EASILY CONNECTED VIA 2 X 2mm SPADE +/- CONNECTIONS TO REAR - SEE PIC
MADE TO USUAL HELLA HIGH SPECIFICATIONS USING HIGH IMPACT PMMA / PC MATERIALS
WE CAN OFFER A DISCOUNT FOR A BULK PURCHASE OVER 10 UNITS - EMAIL FOR PRICE
CONFORMS TO E1 REGULATIONS FOR USE ON MOTORISED VEHICLES.

SUITABLE FOR ANY CAMPER, CARAVAN OR HORSEBOX STORAGE UPGRADE.

Auto-Trail VR Limited are manufacturers of a premium range of Motorhomes and are one of the most well known and best selling brands in the UK. We have been established nearly 30 years producing from a modern purpose built production facility in Grimsby, North Lincolnshire. We sometimes have surplus product as a result of our continuous improvement program to keep our vehicles up to the latest standards. We have launched our ebay shop as another opportunity to pass on surplus products to the general public, so you can benefit from the competitive costs and quality.
All parts we sell are classed as 'nearly new', although they have not been used, they have been kept in our storage facility, and therefore, depending on the part, may shown signs of very slight handling damage or storage ageing. ie dust / discolouration. We will identify any more severe markings or damage in the specific item listing details above.
We will only deliver to UK mainland, no overseas shipping.
All items are in a 'as new' condition and are offerred with a 7 day return policy.
Returns Policy: we will refund you the bid cost of any product that is supplied, if you are not entirly happy the product is not the condition is as described in the auction. The winning bidder is responsible for the cost of the return carriage to us and refunds will only be provided once the products have been received back to us, within 7 days of your receipt, and in the original condition.

Rgards
Mark
marksmerc

Replaceing the LED rear brake light unit for w202 rear boot spoiler

Hi every one I’ve got the new light unit now. Firstly the wiring plug fitting is exactly the same, so no messing around with the wiring. The original light has rounded corners, but the new one doesn’t so all you have to do is lightly file the corners off with a file otherwise it won’t fit into the spoiler. Very simple replacement and all for less than £12.00
Regards
Mark

Replacing the LED rear brake light unit for w202 rear boot spoiler

Hi every one I’ve got the new light unit now. Firstly the wiring plug fitting is exactly the same, so no messing around with the wiring. The original light has rounded corners, but the new one doesn’t so all you have to do is lightly file the corners off with a file otherwise it won’t fit into the spoiler. Very simple replacement and all for less than £12.00

Regards
Mark

hi,
i need this for my spoiler too. any links to the one you bought?

Spoiler Light

[FONT=&quot]
hi,
I need this for my spoiler too. any links to the one you bought?

Hi,
I bought the light unit off eBay, but unfortunately the listing has finished but I contacted them to say I had friends that may be interested in purchasing one of them and they take card payments over the phone. Please see contact details below. If anybody contacts them don’t tell them it is for a boot spoiler or the price could go up considerably when other members ask for one. If they ask Just say it’s for a motor home or a project of some sort or something.

Regards
Mark
marksmerc

Auto Trail VR Ltd
imon ellisTrigano House , Genesis Way
Trigano House
Genesis Way
Europarc
Grimsby
Lincolnshire
DN37 9TU[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Phone: 01472|571000
Email: [email protected][/FONT]

just got the new unit. plugged in and nothing! not sure whether its not getting any power or the unit is faulty. will investigate further on the weekend

Anyone know if there is a fuse to check if so what it's location would be

Anyone know if there is a fuse to check if so what it's location would be

If your brake lights are working then it must be a break in the wiring to the circuit between the third light and the others I would think. If not then maybe a faulty unit.

Hi,
As EDZ say it should work if the brakelights are working, if their working on the car it most likely be a broken cable or a dodgy relay as these spoilers were supplied with a relay, which on my C230K was fitted behind the panelling in the boot (drivers side), the feed to the light (which goes through this relay) should also could have a fuse in it.

Where have you earthed the lights?

Also, check the polarity sensitive, check that you have the live and the earth the correct way around when connecting upto the car.

The spoiler light hasn't worked for a few years. One by one the bulbs blew. Will check it out with a test lamp on the wiring and check the unit direct to a 12v supply. Brake lights are working fine which is the main thing! Spoiler light was more cosmetic

just got the new unit. plugged in and nothing! not sure whether its not getting any power or the unit is faulty. will investigate further on the weekend

Sorry your having problems with your light unit. When i fitted mine i found that the wiring connection on the spoiler was a bit rusty, as the unit flickerd a few times so i sprayed the connection inside with WD 40 and wagled it back and forth and then it was perfect.

Regards
marksmerc

all sorted. traced the wiring back and found a break which once corrected had everything working as it should.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom