led rear lights not leds

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rom1

Car
Mercedes c220d cabriolet
Been checking out my car as I've had it 2 weeks now, the rear lights look like leds from outside but the bulb holder inside in normal bulbs.

Is this normal or are these lights after market?

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    196.1 KB · Views: 24
If it's facelift = LEDs
If it's pre-facelift = Normal bulbs

Facelift has a strip of LEDs with one input I.e, one bar of lights so what you can see on the plug side is correct

Unless you've got aftermarket lights which is just one normal bulb lighting up a line of lights, but if your car is a facelift (which by looking at your DP it is) then I'd see no reason for it to have had aftermarket facelift lights fitted when they came with LED's from factory?

Aftermarket facelift lights have massive ballasts which buzz, look out for those on yours

Just gone through your posts, that's a pre-facelift with facelift aftermarket DRL's, and facelift rear lights which id imagine would be aftermarket unless they're OEM

Would be interested to know if you got any error codes with the rear lights, I wanted to do mine but now looking for a new car. I recently sold my DRL's to another member on here, but I have the facelift headlights for sale if you're interested ;)

I thought mine was full led until I got a message stating right side brake light check. On closer inspection it turns out that the brake lights and reverse lights work of a normal bulbs, where as the turn signal and rear night lights are led's.

Incidentally the brake lights use two bulbs each side and mine is a facelifted version.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom