LED security lights

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Palfrem

MB Enthusiast
Car
W124 E36 AMG, G 300 GEL his, SLK 200 hers
We are having a fair bit of work done to chez palfrem.

As a sparky will be available, I was contemplating having the outdoor security lights replaced by modern LED ones to save me having to climb ladders to change the bulbs.

Anyone had any experience of these please and maybe recommend a good model?

I've changed all ours to LED for the same reason - all with PIR's. Bought off Ebay from UK supplier.
First thing - The PIR's do not have the facility to keep the light on permanently, which is annoying for the patio one.
Second thing - not obvious, but the PIR detectors are designed to be above the lamp, not below.
Worth thinking about non-PIR ones linked to something like this :
Hispec 270 Degree PIR motion sensor Unit With Wall & Corner Bracket HSPIR270 | eBay

First thing - The PIR's do not have the facility to keep the light on permanently, which is annoying for the patio one.

The power consumption is so low for LEDs that I've gone for 'dusk to dawn' sensor ones for the back of the house, rather than PIR.

The power consumption is so low for LEDs that I've gone for 'dusk to dawn' sensor ones for the back of the house, rather than PIR.

I am kicking myself for not installing this system front, back and sides at the build stage instead of just the front path/front door set up I have now. Never mind; another job for the list.

I have had outside security lights on a dusk-to-dawn sensor for 20 years.
It is easy to add an additional over-ride switch, so that you can switch them on at any time.
I did this for someone with a PIR sensor some years ago.
He now has a PIR sensor and an over-ride switch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom