LED Sidelights

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dodd1980

Car
CLS55
Looking for some help/advice.

I've bought some Error free LED's for my side lights and they just flashing every 5 secs or so. this is the second lot i bought different type and have exactly the same result.

What am i missing?

The truth is they are almost certainly cheapo ones - it is very much a lottery on the quality you get.
The reason they are flashing is due to the bulb failure detection circuit. It puts out a pulse to determine what the load is. If it doesn't detect a load it assumes that the bulb is blown. It then carries on like this until it sees the correct load, and supplies a constant current.
Afraid some good quality led bulbs or possibly separate load resistors are the only way forward.

must admit the first ones were cheap ones, but the second lot were £18/pair so was surprised it still had the problem.

Any recommendations from tried and tested ones?

I have these in the sidelights of my S204, they work well.

T10 501 W5W CAR SIDE LIGHT BULBS ERROR FREE CANBUS 6 & 10SMD LED XENON HID WHITE | eBay

Make sure you cjoose the 10 SMD white ones, and test them before you push the bulb holder back in - if they don't come on rotate them 180deg in the holder and re-test, LED's are polarity sensitive so won't work if they're wrong way round.

do you have any photos of them lit up?

i just want to get an idea of what they look like with the reflectors, as personally i don't like some that give you a small spot of light

I bought mine from eurocarparts. No errors or flashing. Pics in my album. Nice and white.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom