LED wedge bulbs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
tim.mcd said:
The idea is that yellow light is more visible to the human eye in misty conditions. Perhaps this is why the fog lights have a yellow tinge?
Yes. Xenons don't work well in fog; the light seems to get reflected back at the driver, whereas light that has more yellow in it seems to cut through the fog. This is why some countries have yellow foglights :)

KillerHERTZ said:

Those bulbs pictured have two contacts at the base as opposed to one making me think they are for replacing dual filament bulbs. I'm pretty sure all W202's have a single filament bulb for use as the brake light. The only dual bulb at the back of a W202 is for the fog/tail light combo.

Either way if your car has blown bulb indicator on the dash then you'll need some load equalisers (resistors in parallel) too.

*EDIT* If you ignore the fact that the following example uses filament bulbs not LED's...

You want LED's that have a base like the following:
dl382chrome.JPG

NOT like these as your ebay link seems to suggest:
dl380chrome.JPG

S.

Last edited:
If they only use 1/50th of the power of a standard bulb as they say, then you'll probably get a bulb failure warning on your dash.

I tried the LED sidelights, and not only got the bulb failure warning, but it cut power to the bulb completely so I never saw it working.

I have used a few types of LED sidelamp bulbs with my w202(mostly multiple LED types).
I have fitted a dashboard bulb holder into the back of the headlamp (out of sight) with a small wattage bulb fitted and wired it accross the sidelamp bulb.
That way I can use LED type sidelamp bulbs without having to stare at the bulb failure warning lamp.
It works well and is cheaper and easier than using loading resistors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom